Thread: Suspension knocking

1. Default Suspension knocking

I've had an issue with my suspension for a while now, it's making what I think is a knocking sound when I go over bumps or down driveways. Seems to be coming from the front suspension. Are there any known issues with this before I go get it checked out as part of my 75k service? I have a 2015 S3 8V

On a side note...does the 8V S3 have blind spot alerts at all? I was sure it did. I must be going crazy.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rome_S3 View Post
    I've had an issue with my suspension for a while now, it's making what I think is a knocking sound when I go over bumps or down driveways. Seems to be coming from the front suspension. Are there any known issues with this before I go get it checked out as part of my 75k service? I have a 2015 S3 8V

On a side note...does the 8V S3 have blind spot alerts at all? I was sure it did. I must be going crazy.
    Top mount. Used to be a tpi about it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rome_S3 View Post
    Yes in the Assistance Package option

Hey Rome,

As per advise above, I got mine replaced via the TPI which has been posted up somewhere in this forum. There have been some owners which have been knocked back (not sure on the details why).

My feedback is this, when they replace the top mount? it does go away....but as the car ages it does come back, not as bad as before....but it never goes away....
    Past - MY16 S3 Sedan S Tronic
    His - MY18 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Design | RS Perf 1 | Matrix | Blk Gloss | Phone Bx |Sunroof and much more...
    Hers - MY17 Tiguan 162 R line | Tungsten Silver | Assistance | Sunroof | and more...

5. Default

Yes, we've experienced a similar issue in Wifey's RS3.
    When reversing out of our driveway, steering wheel right hand down, there can be a "clunk" as the front wheel goes from where the edge of the driveway meets the road, sometimes the same when entering the driveway. Couldn't replicate it at the Dealers. That was over a year ago. We ignore it now, I think it's just normal for the drivetrain. In a straight line, accelerating, cornering, bumpy roads etc etc, no noise at all, just when backing out of the driveway etc!
    Pickles.

My FL RS3 also has occasional knocking when going over humps, not too much of a concern to warrant a trip to the dealer..
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

7. Default

My A3 had this knocking coming from the front right over speed humps, turns out the front swaybar was loose and needed tightening.
    ------------------------------------

RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 2 | RS Design Package | Black High Gloss | Carbon Engine Cover | Matrix LED | Sunroof | Full Tint | Unitronic Stage 1+ | Michelin PS4S 245/35 Square

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Javbomb For This Useful Post:

jaydece (November 16th, 2018), Sloth (November 19th, 2018)