Thread: RS3 fast clicking sound

1. Default RS3 fast clicking sound

Hi everyone,

I just bought my dream car a week ago. Nice to meet you all.
    Unfortunately, I have a few concerns with my new ride....One of them is the fast clicking sound.

Mine is the 2016 pre FL model, when i'm driving with the windows down and close to walls/high objects, I can hear the fast clicking sound from somewhere. Initially, i thought the noise is coming from the tyres. But, after checking, its nothing wrong with the tyres.....

Interestingly, I can only hear the the clicking sound when I drive next to something where the sound can bounce back, like a wall, guard rails or even the car next to me.
    The noise is really bothering me. Its much appreciated if anyone has any idea to fix the issue.

2. Default

Each and every time I had that sound it was a screw stuck in one of the tyres. I've you have checked them and you're positive that's not it I don't know. Does it click faster when you drive faster?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ewok666 View Post
    Each and every time I had that sound it was a screw stuck in one of the tyres. I've you have checked them and you're positive that's not it I don't know. Does it click faster when you drive faster?
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, it does click faster when driving faster.
    I checked the tyres, nothing is stuck.

4. Default

Im gonna say brake rotors and air swooping around the holes in the discs.

I think ive read about this on the other forums.
    ------------------------------------

RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 2 | RS Design Package | Black High Gloss | Carbon Engine Cover | Matrix LED | Sunroof | Full Tint | Unitronic Stage 1+ | Michelin PS4S 245/35 Square

5. Default

thanks for the feedback. So.....does that mean its normal, and there is no way the issue can be resolved?

6. Default

I’ve had this happen twice in 2 months. It’s a screw. Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not there. Check properly. I missed it 2nd time.
    S3 2000 147GTA 2003 R32 2006 S3 2009 SQ5 2013 RS3 2015

7. Default

will do. thx for the input