Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RS3 new brakes after 21k kms?!

1. Default

Sorry I’m not exactly sure what Napoli has to do with an RS3 Needing new breaks besides maybe spotting one whilst you were over there. It’s obvious we have much more strict laws governing car maintenance. My point being, if my break discs were within the tolerances what is the problem? It was registered that we measured the thickness to be ok. That’s all that matters. I wouldn’t be surprised if Audi centres would just say they are worn out even though they were not.
    Last edited by Barbalatte; December 11th, 2018 at 04:06 PM.
    S3 2000 147GTA 2003 R32 2006 S3 2009 SQ5 2013 RS3 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Barbalatte View Post
    Sorry Iím not exactly sure what Napoli has to do with an RS3 Needing new breaks besides maybe spotting one whilst you were over there. Itís obvious we have much more strict laws governing car maintenance. My point being, if my break discs were within the tolerances what is the problem? It was registered that we measured the thickness to be ok. Thatís all that matters. I wouldnít be surprised if Audi centres would just say they are worn out even though they were not.
    Insider joke, I won't waste space extrapolating the threads. Just a fact of life that it's the responsibility of each of us to make sure that the specs are within tolerance up to the next maintenance and in the event of any serious issues, any omission can be costly. Over time just about all of us have cut a corner because we didn't / don't agree with something but I'm not sure that promoting it on a Forum is the wisest of options. For us all, buy an upmarket high performance car and we really have no right to shirk on the maintenance, specifically safety components.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

3. Default

I never shirked on anything. My cars have always been highly maintained! But why spend money when you dont have to?
    I know through experience that break discs were once able to be machined. So if you are within tolerances you should be ok. These things are generally over engineered. Obviously without abuse.
    S3 2000 147GTA 2003 R32 2006 S3 2009 SQ5 2013 RS3 2015