Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New RS4 B7 Owner QLD

1. Default

Mine is 8” but you get the gist of what 7” looks like. Huge improvement over stock.

For mine (I think it’s the INE-W928R) it came with a fitting kit for the B7 that included fascia and harness, but I think the aftermarket ones would do just as well.

Carbon clean needs to be done every 30,000km or so but don’t stress about it too much. Doesn’t hurt the engine just can lower performance. How much it helps depends highly on how the car is driven.

For the LEDs I don’t have a photo of the interior but here’s one that shows the DRL swap (one side standard, one side white LED).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 B7 RS4 Avant

2. Default

Nice that looks decent.

Don't think I will be getting the 8" version, that is silly money.
    Last edited by demon8991; December 7th, 2018 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by demon8991 View Post
    Thanks so much for the information I really appreciate it.

- Full carbon clean was done 24,000km ago and but I am not sure if the linkages were replaced with metal ones.
    - I also got the chemical carbon clean done this week while the exhaust was getting done as I figured it couldn't hurt and it was very well priced
    - Brakes were re done in the last 12 months
    - Full set of tyres were replaced in the last 12 months

Have you got any pictures of the lights and where I could get them from?

My mate has that Alpine unit in his Landcruiser GXL and he seems pleased it too, do I need one of those special wiring harnesses from Enfig? Also have you got any photos of your as I would love to see how it looks in the dash.

I have an Alpine INE-W987D that i'm about to sell if your interested for 1k. It is in perfect working order and hasn't been registered with Alpine, so you can login and download all the map updates with out any issues.

The easiest way to install is use the harness & mounting kit from Enfig.

Below is a photo of unit with Enfig https://enfigcarstereo.com/ENFIG_RMK8_A4B67.html mounting kit.

IMG_8474.jpg

Let me know if you need more info.

4. Default

Thanks for the offer however if I do upgrade the head unit I will definitely be getting one with Apple Car Play.

Cheers for the information on the fascia and harness.
    RS4 B7 • Phantom Black • Centre Resonator Delete

Quote Originally Posted by demon8991 View Post
    Thanks for the offer however if I do upgrade the head unit I will definitely be getting one with Apple Car Play.

Cheers for the information on the fascia and harness.
    Have a look at the ILX-702D, full car play only negative is no built in CD/DVD player

6. Default

To be honest I have been eyeing up this one.

https://www.alpine.com.au/shop/navigation/ilx-107/
    RS4 B7 • Phantom Black • Centre Resonator Delete