Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine Fault

Quote Originally Posted by jsol View Post
    I would physically check the aircon pulley/belt. If the bearings are shot the compressor it would be generating a lot of drag on the system. DBW cars utilize the ecu to step up the revs when the air con is switched on I think? Did you disturb the TB? It might need a clean or TBA.
    I havenít checked the aircon belt and pulleys today, Iíll do that when I come back from down the coast. I left the car at home instead of taking it. I did a TBA today and it didnít make a difference, Iíll clean the throttle body and do an alignment again when I get back home.
    If that doesnít work Iíll check the aircon pulley and belt and let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jsol View Post
    I would physically check the aircon pulley/belt. If the bearings are shot the compressor it would be generating a lot of drag on the system. DBW cars utilize the ecu to step up the revs when the air con is switched on I think? Did you disturb the TB? It might need a clean or TBA.
    Hi mate,

Finally got some time to get on the car. I took the throttle body off and gave it a clean, then did a TBA with my Ross-tech cable.
    Took it for a drive with the air on and car is running great again. As you said the throttle body needed a clean.

Thanks again for your advice.
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No probs, glad you got it sorted.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jsol For This Useful Post:

WollongongA4B5 (January 3rd, 2019)