Thread: First time Audi owner - My New MY13 S4 Avant

1. Default First time Audi owner - My New MY13 S4 Avant

Hi all

My name is Tony and I have just bought my new baby - MY13 Audi S4 Avant in Monsoon Grey. I live in Melbourne so hope to see some local s4 members here.

Picking her up this week so very excited. Upgraded from a MY09 VW Passat R36 wagon, so a worthy upgrade and not much else as good for under $50k.

Still trying to understand what factory options I have so if there is a way I check let me know. I have panoramic roof and carbon trim but not sure what was standard. Here she is. Iím keen to hear about mods worth doing for exhaust enhancement and more power. Thanks!

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice car, congrats.
    1997 A3 1.8T sold
    2000 TT quattro sold
    2005 Lava Grey A3 2.0 TFSI DSG Sportback, Open Sky, roof racks, Vienna Leather. Sold
    2006 Black A4 2.0 TFSI S-line Quattro Avant Sold
    2009 White A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Avant, Open Sky roof, MMi+ 19" rims, Bang and Olufsen, adaptive cruse, Oak Beaufort trim. Sold
    2016 A4 Quattro sport Avant, Manhattan Gray, Panno roof, Technik package, Assistance package. Sold
    2018 S4 Avant, Sports diff, S performance package, Technik package, honeycomb grille, Nardo Grey Wrap.

Check the vehicle data page in the maintenance schedule for your option codes then google them to make english of them

4. The Following User Says Thank You to meiztom For This Useful Post:

Toine888 (December 17th, 2018)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by meiztom View Post
    Check the vehicle data page in the maintenance schedule for your option codes then google them to make english of them
    Thanks mate good idea Iíll do that once I get car tomorrow

I would also get the car scanned for any errors with vcds/vagcom if you haven't already done so.. Great looking car, I miss my avant!

7. Default

Cool will do - also oil light already on at min marker. It was serviced less than 1000km a go but was 6 months ago as was on sale so is this normal? Also what oil is best?

Thanks

Slightly concerning that the oil light is coming on in a new car, was this a demo purchase?
    Could be high oil consumption, castrol edge tends to burn quite quick but do check with the dealer you purchased from and try to have them do an internal inspection if possible?
    APR
    WAUZZZ

Audi's love a drink, of oil

I have read that the majority of Audi owner's/VAG that switch from the factory castrol edge to Motul have good outcomes with reduced oil consumption. However each vehicle is different to one another age etc
    APR
    WAUZZZ

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheChenga View Post
    Slightly concerning that the oil light is coming on in a new car, was this a demo purchase?
    Could be high oil consumption, castrol edge tends to burn quite quick but do check with the dealer you purchased from and try to have them do an internal inspection if possible?
    Not a new car itís a 2013 - actually took it back to dealer and their mechanic topped up the oils as sure enough it was low. Would have thought they may fill it up before I took delivery! All good now and nice and full.