Thread: 5-3-4

Default 5-3-4

I started my Audi experience with an SQ5 (the diesel) which was a terrific car and a couple of years ago changed to something smaller and more agile - the RSQ3 and that has been absolutely faultless over the past two years.
    My Ascari Blue RSQ3 performance was a very, very quick and agile car - we used to describe it as a nuclear powered shopping trolley.
    In a kind of mathematical progression I am about to change over to a new Audi S4 - the sedan - and bid all the Audi Three folk a brief farewell.
    My most recent retirement from full-time work provided this one opportunity to move across to a new car with five year warranty and free three year servicing thrown in.
    Throughout the past years of Audi ownership my local team at Audi Canberra Centre have been beyond reproach and that includes sales, management and the service team.
    Yesterday there was a quiet determination not to be outdone by the great sales efforts of the Sydney Mossman Team which was to my benefit.
    It resulted in yesterday's agreement to changeover to a new floor stock S4 for a minimal changeover - again with Audi Canberra Centre.
    It's blue in colour and with the Technik package has just about everything one could wish for in the technical department and will post photos once in my hands.
    I need to have it ceramic coated and tinted and registered before collecting.
    Concerning the RS3/RSQ3 folk it also means I have a set of front and rear OEM rotors and rear Red Stuff pads available to anyone who wishes to offer a sane price and can collect from Canberra.
    There is also a set of OEM barely worn Pirelli PZeros in 255/35/R20.
    Happy and safe motoring everyone throughout 2019.

Dingah
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 then 2017 RSQ3 Performance and now 2018 S4 + and Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line APR (Stage 1)

Well timed. Trust that this is the final retirement and you'll need another excuse to make the next change. Nice car, is blue a cultural thing?
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Congrats!

Every time I jump in the S5 it's amazing how much better the interior quality, refinement and tech levels are compared to our (pre-FL) RS3. No doubt you experienced the same with the S4 compared to the RSQ3.

I look forward to seeing your new blue beast around Canberra!

4. Default

Glad you had good experiences out Audi CC.

The salesman there quoted me 87k for an S3 so I instantly took my business to Melbourne.

Wasn't even going to bother to negotiate that price

Likely that was their standard policy if you were a new face to them.
    I had the benefit of knowing almost the entire team there so was able to jump from the advertised/opening figure (the one you were given) to a figure that was significantly lower at the outset.
    I need to be careful not to break confidences but I am driving out in a new car with a darn long list of optional inclusions for same price others are advertising their dealer demos for with fewer inclusions
    In turn that then qualifies my purchase for the current Audi open house special of a 5 year warranty and first three years servicing inclusions.
    More than that they will arrange to have the car ceramic coated at my preferred retailer prior to collection.
    All in all a deal that no other Audi centre apparently can match and I do not have to go through the pain of selling privately.
    Of course, it has required an investment of my time (2 days discussions and phoning around) to achieve but I guess that is the benefit of being retired.
    BTW the figure that you were quoted for an S3 was the same as the drive away price for my RSQ3 - not surprised you walked away.
    Happy motoring.
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 then 2017 RSQ3 Performance and now 2018 S4 + and Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line APR (Stage 1)

Here you go .......
    IMG_1965.jpgIMG_1961.jpgIMG_1975.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dingah

Tx IchBautAuto.
    Yes; retirement income means this should be the last time.
    Not strongly biased towards specific colours - it is what was offered at the right price.
    A Nardo S4 Avant would have been interesting but it is not offered in that 'colour'.
    Dingah

BZ, looks like the start of a very nice relationship. Have to give Deeks a call once you've settled in behind the wheel.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

The OEM Rotors will fit an RS3? Do you happen to have a photo?
    S3 2000 147GTA 2003 R32 2006 S3 2009 SQ5 2013 RS3 2015

Minor misunderstanding?
    The spare rotors I have are the standard wavy style rotors for the RS3/RSQ3 Brembo system - was enquiring if they would fit the S4 as well.
    Massive job to unpack them so sorry no photos.
    Dingah