Thread: FS MEL Audi RNS-E Navigation Plus with AMI and Maps DVD

Cool FS MEL Audi RNS-E Navigation Plus with AMI and Maps DVD

*** SOLD ***

I'm selling my Audi Navigation Plus that's come out of a 2010 S3 8P.

The unit is in very good condition with some light scratches on the LCD that you can't see when you're using the unit - only when cleaning the screen.

8P0 035 193 B - RNS-E Navigation Plus Headunit
    8P0 035 785 - AMI CAN iPhone/iPod interface
    4F0 051 512 AC - AMI Lightning cable
    4F0 051 510 K - AMI iPod Dock Connector cable\

This unit is ready to go and should fit any 8P A3 or S3 made between 2003 - 2012 and includes the Audi AMI iPod/iPhone adapter and 2x interface cables.

This headunit is the newer version of the Audi Navigation Plus and is sometimes known as RNS-E 2010. It has a MEDIA button instead of the CD/TV or CD/SD button, a high-res 800x480 resolution screen (vs 400 x 240 in the original unit) and support for high-capacity SD and SDXCcards for music storage - I had a couple of 32 GB cards in there and they worked perfectly.

This is the complete system - the headunit that installs in the dash, the AMI CAN adapter that installs in the glovebox and 2x iPod/iPhone interface cables. One interface cable is for the older 30-pin dock connector and has a dark blue grommet on the plug, the other one has the new Lightning connector and has a white grommet on the plug. The Lightning one works with every new iPhone I've tested it with, and the 30-pin works well with old iPhones and iPods. I used to use it with an old iPhone 5 that had 128GB storage, so I had my entire music library copied over to it. As a bonus, I could sync music over wifi, so when my car was in the driveway, I could copy music to it from my iTunes. It also comes with a genuine Audi 2010 map DVD.

With the AMI installed in the glovebox, you plug in your iPhone and have full access to all the music stored on it. You get full track listing information for all the music on your iPhone and can browse by album, artist, playlist etc. You can also use apps like Spotify to stream music through the car speakers.

Also, if your car needs any coding to take the new unit, I've got a VCDS cable you can use - but you'll need to work out what codes need to be changed.
    Last edited by kai_h; January 13th, 2019 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Sold
    --
    2010 MY11 Audi S3 in white with panoramic sunroof and two-tone leather.
    2009 MY09 VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4Motion in white with black leather.

FYI the 8P A3 and 8J TT units are not interchangeable (the fascias are VERY different).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

kai_h (January 5th, 2019)

Thanks, I've fixed the description.
    --
    2010 MY11 Audi S3 in white with panoramic sunroof and two-tone leather.
    2009 MY09 VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4Motion in white with black leather.