Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joining the S4 fraternity

Nice read Dingah. Thx for sharing experience.

The B9 audi seem much more balance than previous gen so less nose heavy. Tech wise, I dont think there is anything out there that beats the VC even the new Merc display on the FL C-class and other model. Audi just looks better and is easier to use and customize.

Cant wait to start tuning this EA839 engine as time goes by. Initial result are already looking quite promising using piggy back tune..
    https://www.audiboost.com/showthread...er-on-pump-gas
    Audi SQ5 FY 2018 Pantha Black, Technik Pack, Sunroof, Carbon Trim, Phone box light, PermaGuard
    BMW 440i Grand Coupe F36 2016 Mineral Grey, M Sports Pack, Sunroof, Individual Leather
    Audi Q7 4.2tdi 2012 Pure White, S Line, Sunroof, 21"
    BMW 330d E90 2009 Space Grey, M Sport Pack, Sunroof, Individual Audio, 18" SOLD
    BMW E60 530d 2006 Carbon Black, M Sports, Sunroof
    BMW X5 E53 2014Black Sapphire, M Sports, Sunroof SOLD

No worries - sorry about the hairdresser comments!
    Those enhanced output numbest should make a huge difference to drivability ...... I am led to believe .....
    Just spent a morning researching best/recommended engine oil for this engine operating under Australian conditions - an old favourite for using up forum space.
    Seem to have come down to Castrol Edge 5W-40 SN or Fuchs Titan Supersyn Longlife 5W-40.
    Decision to follow.......
    Happy motoring.
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

All good on Bimmer comment... LOL

Regarding oil change, I'm assuming u going to do ur earlier? There are people in Audiforum suggesting there is no need for earlier oil change on this engine which may be of interest for u. Members take their oil to analysis in the labs
    https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...2940685/page2/
    Audi SQ5 FY 2018 Pantha Black, Technik Pack, Sunroof, Carbon Trim, Phone box light, PermaGuard
    BMW 440i Grand Coupe F36 2016 Mineral Grey, M Sports Pack, Sunroof, Individual Leather
    Audi Q7 4.2tdi 2012 Pure White, S Line, Sunroof, 21"
    BMW 330d E90 2009 Space Grey, M Sport Pack, Sunroof, Individual Audio, 18" SOLD
    BMW E60 530d 2006 Carbon Black, M Sports, Sunroof
    BMW X5 E53 2014Black Sapphire, M Sports, Sunroof SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by samchuang33 View Post
    All good on Bimmer comment... LOL

Regarding oil change, I'm assuming u going to do ur earlier? There are people in Audiforum suggesting there is no need for earlier oil change on this engine which may be of interest for u. Members take their oil to analysis in the labs
    https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...2940685/page2/
    Sadly, the ongoing old wives tale of early oil changes. A professional would have samples analyzed and change it when the parameters have been reached. The world really needs millions of Litres of sump oil unnecessarily dumped and at the top end maybe $25 / Ltr, it's an expensive business. 50 years ago, in the days of mono grade or embryonic multi grades a few thousand Km really took the edge of the formulations, plus fuel dilution, water etc gave a limited operational life. Full synthetic oils of today are light years ahead and the common rationale for early changes just doesn't stack up. Some won't agree but would it surprise you to find that for the most part their profession is in a field other than engineering. Doctors, accountants, lawyers et al rightfully scoff at those amateurs who stray into their profession but for some reason, everyone is a mechanic.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

No mate I have no intentions of ignoring the OEM directions as I have free servicing for next few years and also have a long warranty which I do not want to jeopardise by undertaking my own SOAP analysis.
    However, 'free' with Audi = you are charged for consumables like oil and filter.
    Therein I have always supplied the oil which has normally been Fuchs Titan 5w-30 but at approx 1/3 the cost of Audi service centre's Castrol products.
    Comment for Tony - Google = everyone's an expert!
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2018 S4

Quote Originally Posted by Dingah View Post
    No mate I have no intentions of ignoring the OEM directions as I have free servicing for next few years and also have a long warranty which I do not want to jeopardise by undertaking my own SOAP analysis.
    However, 'free' with Audi = you are charged for consumables like oil and filter.
    Therein I have always supplied the oil which has normally been Fuchs Titan 5w-30 but at approx 1/3 the cost of Audi service centre's Castrol products.
    I have the free servicing and it is Free. No charge for consumables. They use Castrol professional long life iv 0W20.

Have just clicked over 20000kms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that - VW 508.00 ....0W20.....that's pretty close to the consistency of water - one has to assume that they have done their maths but life's hard learned logic would have made me head for a slightly higher viscosity considering our higher air and under bonnet temps with the S4.
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2018 S4

In the light of your post this makes for some interesting reading........
    Apparently VW 508 00/509 00 is NOT suitable in some countries, notably Australia is on that list.....WTFO or have I missed something here?

It's ok to use it if the fuel comply with standard EN288 or EN590..
    Last edited by Dingah; March 7th, 2019 at 06:10 AM.
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2018 S4

Quote Originally Posted by Dingah View Post
    So true. I guess that the reason apprenticeships were 4 years loooong was that there was no Google. TBF, Degrees fare even worse as info is free but Google haven't yet worked out how to access skill of hand.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8