Thread: Help..! Depressing caliper on rear brakes 98 A4

1. Default Help..! Depressing caliper on rear brakes 98 A4

Hi Guys and Gals - just joined this fantastic site.. I need to replace rear brake pads urgently, but haven't found a way to depress the brake pistons. (The integrated with hand brake type with two triangular notches on the face). I'm aware you need to turn the piston clockwise while using force to push them in. Have been trying with pointy nose pliers which grip well and turn, but doesn't seem to go in no matter how much force I use to push inwards at the same time. Does anyone have any further advice on this (can't afford a mechanic) - or may there be anyone in Perth who could lend me the proper tool for a small fee.!? Many thanks, Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Hi Guys and Gals - just joined this fantastic site.. I need to replace rear brake pads urgently, but haven't found a way to depress the brake pistons. (The integrated with hand brake type with two triangular notches on the face). I'm aware you need to turn the piston clockwise while using force to push them in. Have been trying with pointy nose pliers which grip well and turn, but doesn't seem to go in no matter how much force I use to push inwards at the same time. Does anyone have any further advice on this (can't afford a mechanic) - or may there be anyone in Perth who could lend me the proper tool for a small fee.!? Many thanks, Ralph
    Make sure hand brake is not applied.

And grab a brake retractor kit like this

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/rea...l-kit-cta-1462

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Now > 99 A4 1.8TQ (silver)
    Handling
    KW V3's | Hotchkies Front and Rear Sways | 320mm Brembo BBK |
    Power
    Garrett GT3076r 52 Trim 0.63 A/R| Haltech PS1000 (custom harness PNP) | Piper Ultimate Road Cams | Scat Rods | JE Pistons | Supertech Valve Set | IE Springs Set | Full Race Ex Mani | Custom Enlarged Intake Mani | 1000cc Inj | Zietronix Flex Fuel Sensor | Treadstone TR18 FMIC

R.I.P > 98 A4 1.8TQ (cactus green)