Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MY18 RS3 1000km service took a turn for the worst

Quote Originally Posted by 35ZERO View Post
    Ouch that sucks.

Feel for you man.

Do you know where they plan to repair it? Is it one of the listed Audi approved shops?

My previous Ara Blue (Crystal Paint) was in the approved shop for 6 weeks with a full repaint the whole RHS of car after a relatively small scrape on driver’s door!
    Good paint job especially considering how much I stressed how fastidious I am about colour matching and Metamerism.

Good luck.
    No idea where it was going (Shipstone possibly), Audi have gone to ground and won't return my calls.I'm in the paint industry so expect the car to look how it was delivered 8 weeks ago. There will be issues if it doesn't.

I will happily accept a replacement NEW car of equivalent spec or better for them to avoid the level of responsibility I will hold them to.

Quote Originally Posted by MGS3 View Post
    No idea where it was going (Shipstone possibly), Audi have gone to ground and won't return my calls.I'm in the paint industry so expect the car to look how it was delivered 8 weeks ago. There will be issues if it doesn't.

I will happily accept a replacement NEW car of equivalent spec or better for them to avoid the level of responsibility I will hold them to.
    I wish you luck, of course Audi has gone to ground they will be unlikely to think it's their problem as it was a Dealer, as you have a casual relationship with the GM, that you best chance of having your car repaired properly and a decent loan car in the interim
    S3 Sportback MY15 - Floret Silver - S tronic - nothing else

Shipstone replaced my rear bumper a few months back after it was hit.

They did a very good job imo. I probably don't have the eye of some, but looked like new.

Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
    Shipstone replaced my rear bumper a few months back after it was hit.

They did a very good job imo. I probably don't have the eye of some, but looked like new.
    Pickup is on track for tomorrow, to be confirmed in the morning. If I accept the car is another story, sometimes what people think you'll accept varies to my expectations. Been told it will look like it's rolled out of the factory, which is good as it went in looking like it rolled out of the factory!

Going to have to apply the polymer paint protection again, haven't raised this with them as I'll look after that, can't face ANOTHER person touching the can unnecessarily.

I've had a rear bumper replaced on an A3 Sedan, you would have no clue at all it was done, flawless work by the folks at Autohaus Prestige in Five Dock.

Look forward to putting the issues behind you, if the work is good, you can quickly forget about it.
    ------------------------------------

RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 2 | RS Design Package | Black High Gloss | Carbon Engine Cover | Matrix LED | Sunroof | Full Tint | Unitronic Stage 1+ | Michelin PS4S 245/35 Square

If it were me, I’d want to know exactly what work was done and obtain a copy of the invoice. Just helps focus the eye on the work completed. Best of luck mate - hope it goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Javbomb View Post
    I've had a rear bumper replaced on an A3 Sedan, you would have no clue at all it was done, flawless work by the folks at Autohaus Prestige in Five Dock.

Look forward to putting the issues behind you, if the work is good, you can quickly forget about it.
    yeah, Autohaus do know their stuff... amazing facility..

Long story short, rejected the car. It came back unsatisfactory with new damage. Someone managed to scrape the underside of the front bar (now that has to be removed, more damage to ensue)
    The profile line on the guard is nothing like the clean sharp line of the driver's side or it originally was before they sideswiped the wall.

It had 'white' small chips over the repair area, the B pillar had a nice frosting of overspray.The wheel repair was horrendous, I'm requesting a new wheel as it's that bad, bleed lines where it's been taped and orange peel!!!

Also not an Audi approved repairer, so NFI how that works......this is honestly depressing

Not good mate. I would have thought going through a non-approved repairer would cause warranty issues - eg. the paint would have some sort of warranty on it, but if work has been done by a third party and isn’t the correct paint, I wonder if Audi would cover any issue down the track? I would think based on your experience thus far, Audi Australia might take an interest in how the repairs are being handled, given they’d have a vested interest due to the warranty and damage to reputation. Would love to know which dealership this occurred. I’m in Brisbane (I get the impression you are too) and my S3 is coming up for a service, so want to know if there’s somewhere I need to avoid. I’m in North Brisbane, but drive past two other dealerships to get mine done at Audi Springwood. They’ve been pretty good to me so far, but never needed to test the customer service in a situation remotely like yours...

That is disgraceful. Might be time to up the ante somewhat.