Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MY18 RS3 1000km service took a turn for the worst

Quote Originally Posted by MGS3 View Post
    What an absolute ****-show, Audi Centre #### were told the car was ready for transport yesterday at 4pm. Told my wife today (after numerous unanswered messages) it was arranged. Then followed up later with a call to her explaining they had just been told (1:30pm) there were no trucks available. Then also told her the 'repaired wheel' was good to go back on the car. This may have been the last straw, she's incredibly upset we were misled again about the new wheel that was agreed, then they've dropped the ball on getting us the car back. Speechless.

Apparently it's difficult to understand the car went in new has been **** on by all and sundry, repaired twice and they still haven't clicked the two areas of influence they have direct control over are a new alloy wheel and constant communication as to the progress of their actions

Needless to say Audi Head Office need to be involved
    MGS3, keep on going, you've handled things brilliantly to date. You've got "their" Audi,...so stick to your guns re the wheel. Have you seen the repaired car?...I'd reckon you'd need to see it before it leaves the panel shop, & if you're wanting a new wheel, it shouldn't leave the shop until that isssue is, one way or another, settled.
    So, if the deal was a new wheel, & Audi said that's what they would provide, don't accept the car.,, and keep theirs.
    I wish you well, Pickles.

Cant say I am surprised and its why you don't let the person/business that damaged the car repair it. They will never do the best job possible and will always want it done as cheap as possible. What they should have done given the no transport situation was send you directly to the paint shop to pick it up. It begs the question just how far away is this repair shop?

Fingers crossed for you mate. With any luck the car is repaired properly and they get it back to you today.

I would suggest getting someone with a paint thickness reader to go over it as well to make sure its not all bogged up to look good.

How’d it all go? Have you got the car back? Are the repairs satisfactory?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bwana For This Useful Post:

ido09s (February 15th, 2019)

OK, so I have the car back. Euro Collision did a stellar job rectifying and locating some unseen damage that the non-approved repairer inflicted on the car. They required two weeks to get it to A+ factory condition.

The one shifty thing that has been done by Audi (after agreeing to a new wheel) we are dissatisfied with the repaired wheel that has had 2mm machined off the whole face to remove the gouge. I've now got a very narrow bead where the tyre slots, which doesn't take a genius to see the strength in that wheel isn't what it used to be. I can imagine a small pot hole would definitely do some damage. The saga continues, but at least I'm driving the car I paid for.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGS3 For This Useful Post:

bwana (March 1st, 2019), jaydece (March 1st, 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by MGS3 View Post
    OK, so I have the car back. Euro Collision did a stellar job rectifying and locating some unseen damage that the non-approved repairer inflicted on the car. They required two weeks to get it to A+ factory condition.

The one shifty thing that has been done by Audi (after agreeing to a new wheel) we are dissatisfied with the repaired wheel that has had 2mm machined off the whole face to remove the gouge. I've now got a very narrow bead where the tyre slots, which doesn't take a genius to see the strength in that wheel isn't what it used to be. I can imagine a small pot hole would definitely do some damage. The saga continues, but at least I'm driving the car I paid for.
    You may need an automotive engineer to calculate the strength of the new lip. There will be a safety factor and a minimum standard, you'll need to show that it falls outside the Audi design and all this could well cost you far more than a new wheel. I'd upgrade to something swish, put the OE rims away until trade in time and enjoy a far better looking rim to boot. Just don't go within a mile of the dealer, clearly no customer service at all. Or you could set up a sandwich board across the road with the story on it :)
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8