Thread: Convert from multi button ADS to Single button

Default Convert from multi button ADS to Single button

Hi Team,

Nearly 2 years ago I had my 2009 A4 B8's MMI upgraded to the 3g plus. The installer (keldo) mentioned I should upgrade the ADS button to the single button because:
    • The labels in the MMI don't match the selection on the button; and
    • It looks way better.

So it's taken me a while and I have acquired the correct switch, and the connector. But when I go to swap out my current ADS button and follow the instructions everyone seems to link to here (old version) and add with the info here (new version) I hit a road block. There's even a youtube video (in german) on how to do it but there's still a gap in the instructions.

The gap is that the facelift peeps already have their stop/start button wired up and just need to add the ADS switch into PIN 7 on the connector. I however do not have existing wiring and I can't figure out where to put the power and ground wired from the old 3 pin plug. I've even tried watching the german youtube frame by frame to try and get a glimpse of the plug wiring with no luck (too blurry).

I thought about copying the power/negative wiring from the switches on the other side and when a friend () tried this there may have been a burning smell from the switch.

The only time I came close to finding anyone admitting they knew how to do this was an old post from keldo showing he got it working. But with no instruction.

Can anyone help? Even a photo of the loom and connector going into a B8.5 facelift ADS switch would be useful.

Thanks
    Current: 2009 B8 A4 Quattro - Racechip
    Former:
    2004 B6 A4 - APR Stage 3 (K04),
    2000 B5 A4 GP with Powerchip Gold

Update

After watching the youtube video on a bigger screen and pausing at key intervals it looks like:
    PIN 7 - purple wire - ADS?
    PIN 2 - brown wire - ground?
    PIN 6 - blue wire - illumination?

So I tried the following using the existing wiring from the old switch:

PIN 7 - ADS (same as old button set)

PIN 2 - Ground (same as old button set)
    PIN 6 - Power (same as old button set)

Result:
    ADS Button always lit.
    Does not cycle ADS setting when pressed (at least on the MMI screen it doesn't)

From reading the PCB inside the switch (i.e. following the tracks) I see that:
    PIN 1 - goes to Auto start/stop button
    PIN 2 - goes to both buttons (
    Auto start/stop button and ADS)
    PIN 3 - goes to Auto start/stop button
    PIN 6 - goes to ADS button
    PIN 7 - goes to ADS button

As best I can tell, this matches the wiring from the youtube video. But still ADS button does not work.

At this point I'd be happy with a functioning button that doesn't light up.

Is it something more complicated like I need a new charisma module? Was there a significant change from the B8 to B8.5?
    Former:

Have you got the wiring diagrams from ElsaWin for both the pre and post facelift cars to compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Have you got the wiring diagrams from ElsaWin for both the pre and post facelift cars to compare?
    No, trying to get an English version of elsawin database

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Former: