Thread: Need advice for a sales transaction here on ozaudi

Default Need advice for a sales transaction here on ozaudi

Hi all

Recently i've been involved in a sales transaction here, on this forum. Long story short.....

I was offer for part A,B,C at an X shipped price.

I took on the offer, gave the seller the choice of bank direct transaction. The seller came back with his/her paypal details.

So i sent X price to their paypal account.

Everything was good until i received the package. Open up to find A and B is there, but there was no C.

Contacted the seller and to my shock, i'm told that because Paypal took a small percentage of the X price that i sent so now i have to pay an extra $$$ in order to get part C.

I don't believe this is fair as first of all, i trusted them enough to be willing to do a bank direct transaction. Secondly, even if they came back to me and said that they've lost a small amount due to PayPal fees bs, i would have wire the little extra to get my all A,B and C parts as it's a complete kit.
    If you quote somebody an X price for a product, then that is the frigging amount that you will get. If Paypal screw you around, it's not my problem. You need to wear the paypal fees unless stating otherwise, at the beginning. Don't just not saying nothing, then send incomplete kit.

Please tell me if i am wrong.

Thanks
    Khoa
    2000 Avant A4 B5 Turbo Quattro - Powered by QMS E85 K04

Quote Originally Posted by Khoa View Post
    Hi all

Recently i've been involved in a sales transaction here, on this forum. Long story short.....

I was offer for part A,B,C at an X shipped price.

I took on the offer, gave the seller the choice of bank direct transaction. The seller came back with his/her paypal details.

So i sent X price to their paypal account.

Everything was good until i received the package. Open up to find A and B is there, but there was no C.

Contacted the seller and to my shock, i'm told that because Paypal took a small percentage of the X price that i sent so now i have to pay an extra $$$ in order to get part C.

I don't believe this is fair as first of all, i trusted them enough to be willing to do a bank direct transaction. Secondly, even if they came back to me and said that they've lost a small amount due to PayPal fees bs, i would have wire the little extra to get my all A,B and C parts as it's a complete kit.
    If you quote somebody an X price for a product, then that is the frigging amount that you will get. If Paypal screw you around, it's not my problem. You need to wear the paypal fees unless stating otherwise, at the beginning. Don't just not saying nothing, then send incomplete kit.

Please tell me if i am wrong.

Thanks
    Khoa
    On your side. This is my opinion, agree or not. Firstly, I just don't deal through PayPal. Helps some people, robs others. If the seller wishes to use PayPal then they must know that charges are incurred. They can't be that dumb surely to express surprise that some money was taken from the transaction.

If they have held back a part due to the loss of a small amount due to transaction charges then they must be overcharging you for what was supplied. If you were offered a refund for the missing part then that's one thing, if not then that's extortion and for mine, I would post the names and put it out in the open. It's happened to me a few time with Bank Transfers to UK where an internal UK Bank has thrown in a transfer charge and taken it from the money as it passed through. The sellers and I came to arrangements in each case and it didn't involve a situation like this.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Stop being a goose over $17. That's not the whole story.You said you know how Paypal works, so gift it. I'm a fellow forum member so why pay for goods and services? When you pay that way it evens prompts you that fees apply to YOUR payment. It is not MY money until I receive it AFTER the fees are applied so Paypal "screwed" you around.
    You were rude and arrogant to deal with and the fact you don't care about the "friggin amount that I will get" and "it's not my problem" goes a long way to proving this.
    Pay the "small amount" and you will get what I said you would get for said money.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jsol For This Useful Post:

WollongongA4B5 (February 13th, 2019)

take it off line folks...thread closed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jnrdavo For This Useful Post:

Lumpy (February 12th, 2019)