Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: 2001 B5 RS4 52,500kms

Just to update, I have had three inquiries just in the last week so I think we are hitting a price point.

No sale yet but two reasonable offers that are a little low but not too far off.

One person is seeing if they can get more $$$s as they recognise their offer is a little low but people only have what they have!

Please let me know if anyone is still interested as I believe my car will sell soon to the best offer.

Thanks

Don

Whoever acquires it I hope they look after it like you have mate.

Thanks, it will be a sad day when she goes.

My RS4 was finally picked up last Friday. It was mixed feelings after a very enjoyable 15 years of ownership and 2 years of deliberating whether or not to sell but time to move onto better and newer things. You might be happy to know I will still remain in the VAG family.

Sold to a very nice English Gent from Melbourne sight unseen with the exception of a third party inspection.

The RS4 looked a treat getting loaded up onto the flat bed truck on route to the interstate truck. Driver thought it looked like a race car sitting up on the tray. He also said that because its a wagon and the weight it would be loaded in the lower rack in the belly/middle of the trailer so would be well protected by the other cars so hopefully it will make the journey unscathed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by don View Post
    My RS4 was finally picked up last Friday. It was mixed feelings after a very enjoyable 15 years of ownership and 2 years of deliberating whether or not to sell but time to move onto better and newer things. You might be happy to know I will still remain in the VAG family.

Sold to a very nice English Gent from Melbourne sight unseen with the exception of a third party inspection.

The RS4 looked a treat getting loaded up onto the flat bed truck on route to the interstate truck. Driver thought it looked like a race car sitting up on the tray. He also said that because its a wagon and the weight it would be loaded in the lower rack in the belly/middle of the trailer so would be well protected by the other cars so hopefully it will make the journey unscathed.
    Congratulations on the sale. One chapter now closed. Any insight in terms of pics of the next chapter. PS If not useDd already, I suspect you will be claiming more from your health insurance extra's in terms of a chiropractor. Bit more difficult sliding into a 2 door.

Quote Originally Posted by don View Post

.................................................. .........
    Clearly hit the spot with the buyer, good news. Best wishes for the new choice.

The buyer must be a laid back type. Like a few others on here, I drove to check mine out, flew to pick up and drive back. Can't say car transporting tweeks my buttons but it happens every day. The Monarto accident recently comes to mind, sad outcome.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Thanks guys for the well wishes. I too was a bit concerned about the interstate truck transport and the buyer did consider driving back but after time, kms and petrol I think it is easier due to truck it.

Quote Originally Posted by smit2100 View Post
    Congratulations on the sale. One chapter now closed. Any insight in terms of pics of the next chapter. PS If not useDd already, I suspect you will be claiming more from your health insurance extra's in terms of a chiropractor. Bit more difficult sliding into a 2 door.
    Yeah, I think you are spot on there. As one gets older the aches and pains certainly start creeping in meaning a bit of comfort doesn't go astray! That is one thing I liked about the B5 RS4, still are remarkably comfortable car particularly with the adjustable Recaros, at least for my body shape!

So as some of you know I ended up going with the 718 GTS. I had been taking the B5 RS4 out on targa style drive days of which it went impressively well but at some times felt a little uneasy and on some of the long winding down hills there was a little brake fade even with the new 8 piston Brembos (and 1 passenger), after all it has a kerb weight of around 1650kg so must have been over 1800kg that day.

The 718 GTS is pretty much designed for that style of driving, reasonably light at ~1400kg kerb weight and seems capable of some physics defying maneuvers yet is a remarkably comfortable cruiser when you want it, much like the RS4. It also has the alcantara interior, even the roof (like the RS4), which I am accustomed to so I still feel quite at home. I'm not yet sure if it has the urgency of the RS4 with the manual gearbox but the GTS with PDK is quite a bit faster (0-100 ~3.9s), has a much better driving position and of course steering wheel size, which feels nice. I am still running the car in so not much opportunity to get a proper feel but hopefully it will keep me entertained for another 10 years or so!

DSC_8386.jpgDSC_8349.jpgDSC_8379.jpgDSC_8363.jpgDSC_8381.jpgDSC_8362.jpgDSC_8382.jpgDSC_8356.jpg
    Last edited by don; April 9th, 2019 at 03:14 PM. Reason: photos added

Congratulations, can't see you thinking too much about the RS while driving that. Hard thinking that you'll find it wanting on weekend Targa trips either. After 10 years you may well be having to invest in an extension cord to enjoy your Killer Watts car so make the most of Dino Juice.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Congratulation Don
    I will keep an eye out for it down here in Mexico!
    I am sure you will love the 718 too. Great choice mate
    Cheers
    Karl
    2009 Audi TTRS - APR Stage 2 - Wagner I/C - 034Motorsport CAI
    2004 Porsche 911 Carrera - The dark side - Sold
    1993 Audi S2 - Kingfisher Blue - Sold. Again

2001 Audi S4 Avant - Black - APR Stage 1 -SOLD
    2010 Triumph Street Triple R - 675cc of British Engineering - [/B]

*** Audi S2 Best In Class and "Peoples Choice" Award German Autofest 2005 and 2009 ***