Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: 2001 B5 RS4 52,500kms

Default FS: 2001 B5 RS4 52,500kms

Getting serious about selling my B5 RS4 so please PM if anyone is interested.

Regretful sale after 15 years of ownership but now only $59,990 ono and 52,500kms.

Has service history at European Autotech Monavale so oil is Liqui Moly Synthetic.

To summerise it is in immaculate condition inside and out and has had approx $20k worth of options added including

Light weight forged HRE P43S wheels with near new ContactSport 6 tires.
    Near New B7 RS4 8 piston Brembo Brakes with Goodridge stainless steel brake lines.
    Bilstein PSS9 adjustable suspension & H&R anti-roll bars.
    German Stainless Zinram Catless Downpipes with high flow main cats.
    Rear helical LSD.

Has not been tuned as with the performance mods feels fast enough.

Still have original parts including stock brakes, down pipes, wheels, diff, etc.

More info on carsales:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...SE-AD-5692289/

Audi B5 RS4-1.jpgB5 Audi RS4 front.jpgB5 RS4 drive day-s.jpgB5 RS4 8 Piston Brembos.jpgB5 RS4 HRE P43S Forged.jpgDSC_5912.jpgb5 Audi RS4 HRE-3_s.jpgDSC_6121.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to don For This Useful Post:

shaunrowan78 (April 6th, 2019)

GLWS!

Beautiful example and hats off to you for looking after it and maintaining it sooo well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Past - MY16 S3 Sedan S Tronic
    His - MY18 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Design | RS Perf 1 | Matrix | Blk Gloss | Phone Bx |Sunroof and much more...
    Hers - MY17 Tiguan 162 R line | Tungsten Silver | Assistance | Sunroof | and more...

Thanks! I'm sure who buys it will be passionate about it and will be very happy.

i love it.
    I would almost consider letting go of my S2 for this.... hmmmmm
    Current:
    - Audi S2 1993 - Kingfisher Blue - GTX3584rs + E98 = 700 whp

- Porsche Macan S 2017 - Sapphire Blue

Past:
    - Audi SQ5 2013 - Panther Black
    - AUDI S4 2002 - Nogaro Blue - Stage 3+ 249 Kw atw
    - AUDI S3 2001 - Silver -
    169 Kw atw

*Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and over steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Thanks! It is just waiting for someone like you to help unleash its full potential!

My reading of the posts over the past few months and even years has made me realise that the B5 RS4 provides very trouble free and low maintenance reliable motoring.

In contrast I've read about so many B7s and even B8.5s RS4s with various issues and problems. Sure these things can all be fixed but perhaps the newer cars are just not built as well as some of the older cars or the increasing tech and/or additional weight of the newer cars leads to problems. Of course the lower numbers of B5 RS4s may have something to do with it but even on international sites the problems are few and far between.

Just thought I'd put it out there

Quote Originally Posted by don View Post

In contrast I've read about so many B7s and even B8.5s RS4s with various issues and problems. Sure these things can all be fixed but perhaps the newer cars are just not built as well as some of the older cars or the increasing tech and/or additional weight of the newer cars leads to problems. Of course the lower numbers of B5 RS4s may have something to do with it but even on international sites the problems are few and far between.

Just thought I'd put it out there
    Interesting navel gazing. I'm running two 2.7 cars, the RS and an allroad. Engine wise, the problems that do crop up are almost the same, as you would expect, with the odd occasion of RS exhaust cam wear. The B5 / C5 falls neatly between the analogue cars of yore and the digital cars of today. The frequency of problems is indeed rare which may be due to the middling complexity of design compared with later models. Can you ever imagine seeing the latest model RS6 on the road in 50 years time? By comparison the B5 is simple enough to be able to source alternative sensors to keep the system alive.

I suspect that we hear about issues that probably shouldn't exist because the cars are ~20 years old and the 2.7 as an engine design has moved from the $100K - 200K range to the <$10K- $70K range just when the parts are starting to show there age and the cash strapped owners aren't spending on preventative or scheduled maintenance as it has moved from a piddling component of the original purchase price to, on occasion, more than today's purchase price.

Agree your thoughts, will soon take the RS on a 10,000 Km journey to demonstrate my faith in reliability. Fingers crossed.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Interesting navel gazing. I'm running two 2.7 cars, the RS and an allroad. Engine wise, the problems that do crop up are almost the same, as you would expect, with the odd occasion of RS exhaust cam wear. The B5 / C5 falls neatly between the analogue cars of yore and the digital cars of today. The frequency of problems is indeed rare which may be due to the middling complexity of design compared with later models. Can you ever imagine seeing the latest model RS6 on the road in 50 years time? By comparison the B5 is simple enough to be able to source alternative sensors to keep the system alive.

I suspect that we hear about issues that probably shouldn't exist because the cars are ~20 years old and the 2.7 as an engine design has moved from the $100K - 200K range to the <$10K- $70K range just when the parts are starting to show there age and the cash strapped owners aren't spending on preventative or scheduled maintenance as it has moved from a piddling component of the original purchase price to, on occasion, more than today's purchase price.

Agree your thoughts, will soon take the RS on a 10,000 Km journey to demonstrate my faith in reliability. Fingers crossed.
    I think reliability is also a function of much preventative maintenance you put into these cars. Having had two twin turbo analogue mark' of similar era, keeping on top of rubber and sensors ( function of materials construction eg deteriorate over time irrespective of kilometers are highly correlated to happy motoring days). Also the bOsch ECU is pretty good at defuatlibg to limp modes and pointing you to the right error code to pinpoint the problem. Unlike my current rides the 2.7 bi turbo doesnt have any serious issues that connected to the motor. ( maybe a few rubber bits you swap out eg silicon f hose and updated diverter valves and a few gasket leaks).
    No big issues like the small probability but known issues of bearings wearing and grenaging motors or blown out cooling pipes factory connected to the motor with epoxy coating. My experience and readings is that most issues are boost piping or sensor related. Sort your rubber out and sensors out keep them as they were designed ( dont modify too much) and happy days.
    Last edited by smit2100; March 3rd, 2019 at 11:40 AM.

I agree these cars are extremely reliable as long as you stay on top of maintenance. Mine has 218k and apart from maintenance associated with owning a 20 year old car it doesn't require major

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Audi A3 1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by Neru View Post
    I agree these cars are extremely reliable as long as you stay on top of maintenance. Mine has 218k and apart from maintenance associated with owning a 20 year old car it doesn't require major
    This doesn't surprise me given the numerous UK cars with huge miles.

I think the standard engine in the B5 S4 and All road with the K03s did suffer the odd issue.

However, as most know the B5 RS4 engine has the K04s and has been built and enhanced by Cosworth Racing who Audi had acquired briefly at the time.

Cosworths wizardry certainly made for a very robust engine and I believe many went to tune to 550hp on standard internals.

There is a good article by Paul Harris titled "Power of the RS4" that was published in Audi Driver Sept 2002. It is an interesting read if anyone would like a copy and goes through all the engine upgrades.