Thread: Cool times

Default Cool times

Car is getting old (er), the factory radiator can corrode from the inside and the summers are getting hotter. Solution, a new radiator. Firstly, the factory radiator has done very well. Never had an issue with it but there comes a time when you wish to try something new. Enter CSF. Just took delivery of an Aluminium race radiator for the RS4,

CSF3.jpg

Plug and Play with the factory hose fittings

CSF2.jpg

It doesn't have the RS4 gearbox cooling tank so BYO gearbox oil cooler.

CSF1.jpg
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Hey Tony long time no speak.... What did this set you back if you don't mind me asking? PM if you prefer...

Looking for something more efficient for the A4....

Mike.
    | GT3076R | ViPec i88 |

PM sent
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IchBautAuto For This Useful Post:

quattro5v (March 3rd, 2019)

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    PM sent
    Thanks mate.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    | GT3076R | ViPec i88 |

Heard these works very well for external oil cooler, not sure if it's good enough for RS4 standards ....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Avant A4 B5 Turbo Quattro - Powered by QMS E85 K04

I'll put on a small cooler, something like the engine oil cooler perhaps with a thermostat. Plenty of hot S4's around without a gearbox oil cooler so it won't be essential anyway.

Looks like you purchased it at a Fyshwick outlet?!
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

Quote Originally Posted by Dingah View Post
    Looks like you purchased it at a Fyshwick outlet?!
    Hi G,

Should I ask whether you're describing the radiator or the cooler that Khoa posted up? Radiator speaks for itself from one of the best Racing Radiator shops in the US via a race shop here in Australia that supplies the Bathurst 12 Hr cars etc.

The cooler, and this may surprise you, is a DANA product. They are FAA accredited to supply aircraft cooling systems so I guess a little bit more upmarket than Fyshwick would normally supply. An interesting design that I would consider except for dealing with the flow diversion of cooling water. Breaking into a sealed cooling system isn't as easy as it seems to get the results that you are after.

That said, should you need one, the colour looks like it will be sympathetic to your new cars colour

Ha! No worries Tony - I was (tongue cheek) referring to that other industry that is Fyshwick based!
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

Ah Ha, comes clear. Few things on the mind so missed the obvious.