Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 RS4 performance tuning recommendations

1. Default 2014 RS4 performance tuning recommendations

Hi guys
    I am looking into some performance tuning tips and recommendations for my 2014 RS4.
    Would love to hear from you in terms of what worked well, what didnít work well, etc.

Not overly keen on adding superchargers or making massive wholesale changes but rather more software or basic upgrades (air filters, ECU tuning, etc).

Based in metro Melbourne.

Looking forward to hearing from all you experienced lot

Cheers

Tommy.

I think youíll find there is very little bang for buck in tuning/intake/exhaust for the B8.5 RS4 Tommy.

You could put an exhaust on just for the note, but donít expect big power gains.

I agree, not much point tuning an NA car that is already high performance.

If you are willing to spend there are quite a few people on here with the V8 super charger upgrades which have evolved quite a bit since the original MTM supercharged B7 RS4 back in 2007 with applications now for S5, RS4, RS5, and R8.

Quite massive and noticeable gains which would really bring your B8.5 back into super car territory.

4. Default

Thanks guys. I thought as much with a NA engine. I'm not saying it doesn't have enough power (plenty of it actually) but off the line it feels a little lethargic but once it gets going it's all good! I've seen many reviews that you really have to pick up the RS4 by the scruff of the neck to get it going.. which I can sort of see their point there.

Anyway.. that's fine and happy to stick with what I have! I have been seeing a few bits and bobs on APR.. GIAC..etc.. but wanted to get the low-down on this forum first before committing to anything there.

On a seperate topic, anyone know where I can find a good set of RS4 'branded' floor matts for the car and any recommendations on leather cleaning ??
    I'm keen to detail the car myself but wouldn't know what to go for and what to stay away from...

:)

Thanks again!

The first thing I would do is make sure you have had a carbon clean in the V8.. That's a must for most of our cars...
    The you could look for a better exhaust/cats to free up a bit of air, and maybe a airbox to give a bit more air again and flow, but not much else bar a supercharger is worth it.

Definitely go and check out carbon cleaning though... You should have seen the state of my engine before it was done! We have a sponsor as well, so if you give them a call, mention ozAudi and you should get a great rate!
    http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/showthr...OzAudi-Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyoliver View Post
    .................... but off the line it feels a little lethargic but once it gets going it's all good! I've seen many reviews that you really have to pick up the RS4 by the scruff of the neck to get it going.. ..................!
    Driving a Euro car is much like riding a superbike compared with the low RPM 5 - 7 Ltr US evolved cars. No low down torque so you need to get into the torque band which is way higher up the RPM scale than local V8's. Bit of a change of approach to driving and then it's up to you if it floats your boat. The Turbo or SC versions usually give a good combination of reasonable low down torque with Euro red lines.Way back you bought a Yank tank for dragging and a Euro for driving. Nothing much has changed.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Driving a Euro car is much like riding a superbike compared with the low RPM 5 - 7 Ltr US evolved cars. No low down torque so you need to get into the torque band which is way higher up the RPM scale than local V8's. Bit of a change of approach to driving and then it's up to you if it floats your boat. The Turbo or SC versions usually give a good combination of reasonable low down torque with Euro red lines.Way back you bought a Yank tank for dragging and a Euro for driving. Nothing much has changed.
    Actually, plenty has changed, with most modern Euros (and all the current RS range) using forced induction (obviously not the superseded B8.5 RS4 though).

The C7 RS6 for example delivers peak torque (700 Nm) from 1750 RPM all the way through to 5500 RPM. C7 S6 (with slightly smaller turbos) delivers peak torque from 1400 RPM.

Similar things can be said for the current range of BMW performance models.

There was a time however when both marques were using high revving N/A 6s and 8s (which we’re definitely a little underwhelming when it came to torque numbers).

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    The first thing I would do is make sure you have had a carbon clean in the V8.. That's a must for most of our cars...
    The you could look for a better exhaust/cats to free up a bit of air, and maybe a airbox to give a bit more air again and flow, but not much else bar a supercharger is worth it.

Definitely go and check out carbon cleaning though... You should have seen the state of my engine before it was done! We have a sponsor as well, so if you give them a call, mention ozAudi and you should get a great rate!
    http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/showthr...OzAudi-Members

Thanks for this. So any recommendations on the intake product name / model and exhaust and more importantly a reputable installer in Melbourne?

I've got the APR carbonio intake and akrapovic exhaust... Give the guys at faststuff a call in Melbourne and see if they can help..

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    I've got the APR carbonio intake and akrapovic exhaust... Give the guys at faststuff a call in Melbourne and see if they can help..
    thank you jnrdavo! :)