Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Will RS3 Be Available in Australia Again?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
    the aftermarket will have a tune and midpipe swap to sort the sound
    If you want close to the pops and bangs from the FPL, all you need is a catless downpipe, stock exhaust. BullX is one of the best sounding ones Iíve heard.

Quote Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
    back in market for another rs3 after selling my PFL in 2016...and have been missing that 5 pot ever since

was told same, opf cars going into production for aus in sept, with earliest dec delivery

i'll be going audi exclusive order this time, so won't know delivery eta until production starts, but plus 6 months seem to be norm

watching some vids online, it's sad to see they removed the downshift crackle on facelift, and now made the opf even quieter again, but i'm sure by time aussie cars land, the aftermarket will have a tune and midpipe swap to sort the sound
    Hey Domino, long time no see mate.Didn't think you'd miss the 5-pot after you got the F-type.

Well, I went to my local dealer today and I'm in the same boat as you. Want to go exclusive colour and was told book opens up August for September manufacture and December delivery. Also told stamp duty goes up 7% as of July 1. Also told that don't expect massive discounts as they don't get back end support from Audi like on A and S series cars. So expect a car to cost $120K. I do think that sales are gonna be hit pretty hard and it will be a buyer's market come July 1. I might wait to order in December so I get a MY and compliance plate 2020 car. Also told that the new A3 won't be out until 2021, thus new RS3 won't be seen till 2022.

Not sure I can trust what a car salesperson tells me, especially about discounting and such, as I'm sure many on here got theirs at a 15% discount at a minimum.
    2015 S3 Sedan | Nardo Grey | SPP2 | Sunroof | Mirror Pack | Black Gloss Pack | Audi Corporate |

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
    Hey Domino, long time no see mate.Didn't think you'd miss the 5-pot after you got the F-type.
    Yep the jag is going nowhere

all the issues i had with my rs3 can be sorted now, the aftermarket scene has really come on strong as expected once they were released in US

I plan to do a big build with it
    • 2016 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
    • 2017 BMW M3 Competition Pack
    • 2016 RS3 Sportback (SOLD)

Guys/Mates,

Just received my new plate for the 2019 RS3 and installed it.

Terry USA

VIN WUABWGFFXKA900626
    Delivery was May 18th 2019
    2019 Tango Red RS3 on order January 2019.
    I'm in the USA

https://www.caradvice.com.au/763993/...d-of-the-year/

Audi Australia has indicated the RS3 hyper hatch and sedan, which have been on a hiatus for the past few months, should become available in Aussie showrooms again before year's end.
    Following the implementation of stricter WLTP emissions testing across Europe late last year, numerous manufacturers, including Audi and its Volkswagen parent, have been scrambling to make their vehicles compliant, resulting in production delays.
    Kinda official now..
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beanoyip For This Useful Post:

jaydece (June 8th, 2019), tigerhonaker (June 9th, 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by beanoyip View Post
    does that mean less power?

Quote Originally Posted by JA04STI View Post
    does that mean less power?
    Same Power with less of the right noises ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Past - MY16 S3 Sedan S Tronic
    His - MY18 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Design | RS Perf 1 | Matrix | Blk Gloss | Phone Bx |Sunroof and much more...
    Hers - MY17 Tiguan 162 R line | Tungsten Silver | Assistance | Sunroof | and more...

Surely a tune can extract those noises back out?
    2015 S3 Sedan | Nardo Grey | SPP2 | Sunroof | Mirror Pack | Black Gloss Pack | Audi Corporate |

thank god they removed those horrid noises!!!! I wished I didn't need to get my M2C tuned to remove them as I would do it tomorrow!!!! Simply removing them would mean the warranty is void!!!! its embarrassing seeing people look at you when they pop and crackle on downshift as they think something is wrong with a brand new car

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
    Surely a tune can extract those noises back out?
    I doubt you can without removing the OPF. Also can't see how it would produce the same stage 1 output either. I'm not a fan of all the noise but obviously the OPF takes its toll somewhere.