Thread: Heads Up Display in 2018 RS5

1. Default Heads Up Display in 2018 RS5

Hi Everyone.

Apologies if this has already been answered, I did have a search and found nothing. In the heads up display within the RS5 there are these 0:00:00 along with temp info, speed and gear selected, etc, does anyone know what the zeros are to show? Also, can the heads up display be changed to show different information?

The user manual wasn't really helpful, it's not a life and death question but it's been bugging me as I've never seen the numbers change from zero.

Thanks

Lap timer?

3. Default

Did cross my mind and it looks like it, would be weird though to have it as a standard feature on the Heads Up Display though - I could think of other useful information over that. I'll have to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Lap timer?

Default Head up display settings

Quote Originally Posted by Daytona RS FIVE View Post
    Hi Everyone.
    Also, can the heads up display be changed to show different information?
    Thanks
    I've just ordered a RS5 Sportback, and during the test drive the salesperson changed the information in the display for me while I was driving. So I don't know how it's done but at least I know it's possible, but not what choices mighty be. I just wanted the digital speed reading. The zero's being for a lap timer, certainly sounds right to me too.
    S3 Sportback - S-Tronic - Daytona Grey - Magnetic Ride - Assistance package - B&O Sound - Load through & rear arm rest - Hold Assist - 5 spoke star wheels. Built Monday 14-07-2014, week 29 ... via Glorious Leader ......Arrived 27/9/2014.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gandv For This Useful Post:

Jon Leven (June 3rd, 2019)

6. Default

Hey, RS5 has two heads up display options. When you push the HUD button the first time it only shows the speed and nav directions (if you are currently using the MMI to go somewhere). Pushing the HUD button again adds the Oil Temp, Lap Timer and gear position to the display. I used to have a S5 and it didn't have the second screen which is the one the original poster was talking about. Sounds like you just want the first screen so just push the HUD button a couple of times and it will switch to that view

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rb85cs For This Useful Post:

gandv (June 4th, 2019), Jon Leven (June 3rd, 2019)