Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Project B7 420-R *Seat Exeo ST Sport Tech*

My choice of engine mounts has always been Vibra-Technics. They are a British firm, so little known outside the EU. I have used them since my VW Golf I/II and Audi Coupe Quattro B2/3 days, and I have never managed to bust them, despite beating on the cars all day long, with hard launches.

The mounts:

2013 B7 Seat Exeo ST Sport Tech | 2.0 TDI 170 | 6MT | Montsant Red Metallic | LED DRL’s | Bi-Xenons | AFS | LED Tails | LED RNS-E | AUX / iPod Input | Black Leather | Multi-Function Steering Wheel |Front & Rear PDC | Auto-Dim Mirrors |

B7 420-R Avant, 4.2 V8 40V BiTurbo B7 “RS4” OEM Widebody Coming Soon...

Audi 077-Series V8 32 / 40V Guru.

When I built my first B5 V8 back in 2008, there were no online resources to guide me, as the 077-series V8 had never been installed in the B5 chassis by a privateer.

As a result, there were no flywheel options, for the 10-bolt 32V 077-series V8. I approached TTV back then, as I lived a 5 minute walk from Toby Crisp. I explained what I wanted, gave him a B5 S4 8-bolt flywheel, the flexi-plate of the 32V auto, and got his firm to knock up a suitable flywheel, making it -11.2mm, which meant losing the B5 S4 spacer.

I subsequently got these flywheels made for 8 and 10-bolt applications. I then thought the 1.8T 228mm clutch could do with a 240mm upgrade. Handing over a crusty B5 1.8T flywheel, and using the existing profile of the B5 S4, the 1.8T 240mm flywheel was born. Meaning they could run a single-mass with 6-bolt fitment, and the B5 S4/RS4 clutch.

Back to the present. I am running a TTV flywheel, as I always have. This will be mated to an uprated B5 RS4 full-face clutch. I don’t like 6/8-puck clutches. They feel nasty for daily driving, and they chew up flywheels pretty early.

My set-up:

2013 B7 Seat Exeo ST Sport Tech | 2.0 TDI 170 | 6MT | Montsant Red Metallic | LED DRL’s | Bi-Xenons | AFS | LED Tails | LED RNS-E | AUX / iPod Input | Black Leather | Multi-Function Steering Wheel |Front & Rear PDC | Auto-Dim Mirrors |

There are a few styling cues I wish to retain from the Seat Exeo ST. Starting at the read - I like the way the screen dips to a point on the tailgate. It gives the B7 a more modern look. I will be cutting up a B7 A4 Avant tailgate skin, and blending it into the B7 Seat ST tailgate.

A hell of an operation, that requires a lot of skill and patience, so the metal doesn’t warp:

B7 Audi Avant and B7 Seat ST rear ends compared:

Seat Exeo interior is bolder too, I like the mix of TT / B6/7 Convertible touches:

B7 Audi A4 interior:

B7 Seat Exeo interior:

Rolling shots of B7 Audi Avant, and B7 Seat ST:

It’s almost unheard of for a Seat Exeo to make big engine numbers, but that’s exactly what’s going to happen here.

The Exeo was available with gasoline motors, but I haven’t seen any here in the UK. So the first item to come out of the car, besides the engine, with be certain wiring harnesses:

Engine bay.
    Central distribution harness (dash).
    Left kick panel harness.
    Right kick panel harness.
    Rear section harness.

The only harnesses that will remain, that have nothing to do with the car being an oil-burner or gasser, are:

Left front door harness.
    Right front door harness.
    Left rear door harness.
    Right rear door harness.
    Left lamp / license plate lamp harness.
    Right lamp harness / rear wash / wipe harness.
    Ceiling wiring harness.
    Tailgate wiring harness.

It’s possible to retain all the wiring, and add the gasoline-specific wires - fuel pump relay, fuel pump etc, but I won’t this build to be OEM, with little or no splicing of wires.

All the removed harnesses will be replaced with the wiring from a 2007 B7 2.0T gasoline.

Complete B7 RS4 Avant charcoal head lining, with associated pillar, sun visors, grab handles etc. The driver’s visor has the Audi garage opener, which is great.

The OEM B7 RS4 alloy wheels, as purchased, pre-refurb. They had been rattle-canned black. Apart from me not liking black wheels, the finish was poor, and they were kerbed too:

One aspect of newer Audi’s I do like, is the rear indicators with the “scrolling” operation. I built a circuit that would control LED’s in the same way, and it worked perfectly. The only issue with running this on a B6, is the short tail lamps. Arranging LED’s within the stock housing would look wrong.

Going to the B7’s split tail lamps means I can utilise my circuits, and they would drive a line of LED’s in the same scrolling manner.

One aspect of newer Audi’s I do like, is the rear indicators with the “scrolling” operation. I built a circuit that would control LED’s in the same way, and it worked perfectly. The only issue with running this on a B6, is the short tail lamps. Arranging LED’s within the stock housing would look wrong.

Going to the B7’s split tail lamps means I can utilise my circuits, and they would drive a line of LED’s in the same scrolling manner.