Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nogaro B5 S4 Stage 3+ Build

Default Nogaro B5 S4 Stage 3+ Build

Hey all,

Thought i'd start another build thread this time for my B5 S4. Had the car just over 2yrs now, used to be owned by a gentleman from NSW on the forums here known as 'nogaros4' and it was looked after very well.

Car currently has a tune and exhaust at the moment but i'm looking for more power.

Chosen to go down a full build path with the following mods:

- TTE880 Turbo's
    - RS4 AZR Block with Forged Internals
    - Built RS4 Heads
    - Twin Walbro Pumps
    - Ringer Racing Stage 4+ Clutch

Will update thread as more parts arrive, here are some pics below to start the party

Sener.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Now: 2001 B6 A4 1.8TQ, 18" RS4 Wheels, Needs more boost....

Before:1995 black B5 1.8TQ, wetterauer chip 16psi, K03 Sport, N75J valve, GP clutch, No cat, Slammed on Deisel 19" rims

Nice solid start to the build! Looking forward to this!
    Keep it going dibs on the block if everything falls thru

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Hey all,

Thought i'd start another build thread this time for my B5 S4. Had the car just over 2yrs now, used to be owned by a gentleman from NSW on the forums here known as 'nogaros4' and it was looked after very well.

Car currently has a tune and exhaust at the moment but i'm looking for more power.

- TTE880 Turbo's
    - Built RS4 Heads
    - Twin Walbro Pumps

Will update thread as more parts arrive, here are some pics below to start the party

Sener.
    If not go already done; get back onto to Mike at Ringer racing and go the full monty on his stern mount kit eg engine tranny, snub and rear diff carrier. Top notch and best pricing.

Looks like a super clean example. Look forward to reading about your progress with the car.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Hey all,

- TTE880 Turbo's
    - Built RS4 Heads
    - Twin Walbro Pumps

Sener.
    Geeze that's a lot of coin being spent on gunning for decent hp. Please tell me you have a solution for the 195kw s4 factory throttle body setup.

Great looking car and a credit to you and PO. That's some serious HP you're chasing and an AZR block will likely be the cheapest thing you throw at it. I'm sure that you'll eventually hear from a pile of guys on here that will recommend you just start with an RS4. Hugely better resale in the future, and has all the bits that you'll need to buy or substitute. The S4 is likely worth more as it stands now than with double the HP. Sure, it's not all about money for certain, but hate to see it go up in smoke all the same.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Great looking car and a credit to you and PO. That's some serious HP you're chasing and an AZR block will likely be the cheapest thing you throw at it. I'm sure that you'll eventually hear from a pile of guys on here that will recommend you just start with an RS4. Hugely better resale in the future, and has all the bits that you'll need to buy or substitute. The S4 is likely worth more as it stands now than with double the HP. Sure, it's not all about money for certain, but hate to see it go up in smoke all the same.
    The 25k to swap into a rs4 buys a lot of mods

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Audi A3 1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by Neru View Post
    The 25k to swap into a rs4 buys a lot of mods

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Sure does but the price of RS stuff is heading upwards and the UK is starting to ask $20,000 for a full motor with all the fruit. Been advertised and sold this year at that price. You're more likely to see more of an RS purchase price back than a modded S4. Long term thinking, that's why many UK cars are now being parted as they are worth much more as bits than whole.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Just let the bloke build his dream!
    If i had the money id buy an rs4 and chop it to make a wide body sedan and swap the drives trains over and start with that

Quote Originally Posted by joebut21 View Post
    Just let the bloke build his dream!
    If i had the money id buy an rs4 and chop it to make a wide body sedan and swap the drives trains over and start with that

Everyone is entitled to dream, just that forums are populated with some people that egg on every big spend idea without putting their own hand in their pocket. Look back even to 2013 to ppoidas build that I bought, there was a queue to buy until it went up for sale and then silence, big talk, short arms. I'm in that everyone is entitled to express themselves how so ever they wish and it does help if they go in eyes wide open. Turbo has my best wishes to dig out howsoever he wants, I'm just not intending on egging on an ambitious plan when so many of those have gone **** up in the build. TE880's by themselves are top shelf demanding all the other bits to make them worthwhile; and the list goes on. So to put it straight, this is not a don't do it thread, it's make sure that you have all your facts in a line before you choose. From there, go for it. A week reading this forums threads is time well worth spending.