Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to replace my 2013 SQ5 with at the end of next year

It would make a heap more sense than the RSQ3 in which it was impossible to get a comfortable driving position.
    Noting where you are and what you do take a look at the yet to to arrive Toureg with the big diesel engine option too.
    Me, I'll stay very happily with the B9S4 - averaged 6.4 to Sydney in quite a hurry and with a fair bit of traffic on the M5 where the traffic jam mode was at last used in anger and was brilliant.
    With its little attitude 'adjustment' that sort of fuel consumption and the ability to turn on a sub 4 sec 100 in its 'angry' mode, the great VC, huge trunk, great internal comfort (=no sport seats!) and agile handling really ticks all my boxes.
    For you an optioned S5 could do the same but your backside would be too close to terra firms to be a practical option in FNQ.
    Nice dilemma to have John - we wait to see what unfolds.

DIngah
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

Does it need to be a largish 4 door vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by ido09s View Post
    Does it need to be a largish 4 door vehicle?
    It just needs to be the same size as the SQ5. I find that the SQ5 is just the right size. I can lay the seats flat and take the front wheel off my road or mountain bikes and fit them in with no dramas. Itís just the perfect size quick diesel suv for 2 people,2 staffies and a pug lol.

Iím now interested in looking at the SQ8 when it lands in Australia

Looks lie a nice but more expensive option than your current ride.
    Not as big a bus as the Q7 - could well suit you nicely.
    Right now we are focused on staying alive more than anything but it's nice to dream while we continue in our relative isolation.

Dingah
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

Agree... I'm looking at cars on carsales for a few months, and they are dropping... Would love to pick one up, but the climate for me personally isn't that appealing..

Very true about the current situation but I’m trying to stay positive and I’m looking to the future and hoping I’m still in the picture then. After all my years in the army and all the bloody malaria tablets I’ve had to swallow and all the needles Ive been stabbed with to protect me from it i would laugh if it has helped me to build up some type of immunity to this kung flu.
    Last edited by Morrie; March 25th, 2020 at 08:32 PM.

Don't forget the salt tablets, atropine injections, cleaning chemicals, where does the list end? You'd feel a little cheated to be taken out by this bug after all that.
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

And the perigan dip that they always wanted us to dip all our Cams into to protect us from the mozzies. We read the label on the tins one day when they weren’t looking. It said not to let it come into contact with your skin....hmm and how was this stuff going to help us. So I told my men to dip one set of Cams 6 times so they think we had dipped all our sets and to put that set away and never wear it. When we got home after 7 months from OS on ops my 2IC got testicular cancer and the youngest fella in my section(19.5 years old)got throat cancer. Thankfully they both survived. They exposed us to so much crap I’m surprised any of us are still kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrie View Post
    And the perigan dip that they always wanted us to dip all our Cams into to protect us from the mozzies. We read the label on the tins one day when they werenít looking. It said not to let it come into contact with your skin....hmm and how was this stuff going to help us. So I told my men to dip one set of Cams 6 times so they think we had dipped all our sets and to put that set away and never wear it. When we got home after 7 months from OS on ops my 2IC got testicular cancer and the youngest fella in my section(19.5 years old)got throat cancer. Thankfully they both survived. They exposed us to so much crap Iím surprised any of us are still kicking.

Bit like a car body corrosion control analogy, the old days it was thicker and tougher but with the basic protection it had a limited life, today, flimsier but better protected and lasts for ever.
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8