Thread: What to replace my 2013 SQ5 with at the end of next year

Default What to replace my 2013 SQ5 with at the end of next year

At the end of next year I will be replacing my 2013 SQ5 with one of 3 or 4 vehs. It will either be the new 2020-21 SQ5 TDI,2020-21 S5 TDI or the 2020-21 RSQ3. If I decide on either the SQ5 or S5 I would most likely keep them for between 3-5 years. But if I decide I want to experience a very fast car for a bit then I would only intend keeping the RSQ3 for no more then 3 years(considering the price of premium unleaded,having to carry a spare tyre in the cargo area because I live in CQ and RS models donít come with a space saver or a spot to put one). The fourth car I would consider would be a GT KIA Stinger because they go like a cut snake,have all the bells and whistles like a S5 and are tuned on normal Unleaded. But I would only consider a Stinger if KIA finally wakes up to themselves and brings the AWD version out to Australia. I know it is a long way from the end of next year but time does fly. Any thoughts on this subject is most welcome.

Its a tough one mate. Last year, I went into the dealership for an originally for an RS3 and then for an S5 but walked away with an SQ5 at the end. I had an sedan before the SQ5 so changing to SQ5 made it a bit more interesting as it was a different class of car and it suited what my family needed. I found the SQ5 gave me the same sense of fun if not more as it is easier to reach its limits on normal road compare to an S5 plus it came with much more practicality. TBH, im still drooling over RS3/S5 when I see them on the road. Thinking that u came from an SQ5 already, maybe an S5 would be a good change.

The 2020 RSQ3 should have the new interior so it would be a newer set up regarding interior compare the B9 model. You really cant go wrong with any of those cars... Sorry, just realize im not much help LOL
    Audi SQ5 FY 2018 Pantha Black, Technik Pack, Sunroof, Carbon Trim, Phone box light, PermaGuard
    BMW 440i Grand Coupe F36 2016 Mineral Grey, M Sports Pack, Sunroof, Individual Leather
    Audi Q7 4.2tdi 2012 Pure White, S Line, Sunroof, 21"
    BMW 330d E90 2009 Space Grey, M Sport Pack, Sunroof, Individual Audio, 18" SOLD
    BMW E60 530d 2006 Carbon Black, M Sports, Sunroof
    BMW X5 E53 2014Black Sapphire, M Sports, Sunroof SOLD

Car Advice, sadly, have advised that the S5 TDI is not planned for Australia at this time

Quote Originally Posted by pj View Post
    Car Advice, sadly, have advised that the S5 TDI is not planned for Australia at this time
    Audi certainly are doing what they can to destroy the brand aren't they!!!!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by samchuang33 View Post
    Its a tough one mate. Last year, I went into the dealership for an originally for an RS3 and then for an S5 but walked away with an SQ5 at the end. I had an sedan before the SQ5 so changing to SQ5 made it a bit more interesting as it was a different class of car and it suited what my family needed. I found the SQ5 gave me the same sense of fun if not more as it is easier to reach its limits on normal road compare to an S5 plus it came with much more practicality. TBH, im still drooling over RS3/S5 when I see them on the road. Thinking that u came from an SQ5 already, maybe an S5 would be a good change.

The 2020 RSQ3 should have the new interior so it would be a newer set up regarding interior compare the B9 model. You really cant go wrong with any of those cars... Sorry, just realize im not much help LOL
    Kind of in similar situation before. I walked in to the dealer hoping to get an SQ5 but ended up having Q7 instead.

When deciding its really comes down what you need it for? Family? space? If budget allows, then obviously choose the best in category.

SQ5 used to be that good with the TDI and everything.. but now.. I feel like it has lost its edge. X3M40i is faster and better in some way.

That fake exhaust keeps haunting me...

Johnny boy - what a great dilemma.
    Having done the hop around SQ5-RSQ3-S4 here's my two cents worth.
    Noting where you live and what you do I imagine that the additional ground clearance could be an issue; if it is not then it's an S5 wrap up finish no contest.
    With virtually the same gear as my S4 the S5 has the same excellent drive train, seats, cockpit et al and you'll love it.
    Word of advice check the sports seats out carefully - I optioned them OUT as I found them quite uncomfortable and am not alone in that opinion.
    The S4 and therein the S5 are both eerily low and slippery - I find myself looking up at drivers in Minis!
    Maybe that could provide the benefit of passing FNQ road trains underneath!
    After your appalling experience with Audi with the TDi I assume that diesel power has moved down the list of preferred power plants.
    The RSQ3 certainly was fun but the quality, fit and finish was nowhere near that of the S4 - it really felt like a lightly optioned Q3 - the difference I guess between being built in Spain and Germany.
    Also the room in a RSQ3 is minimal - as with the S3/RS3 they are quite tiny, toy-like cars which certainly provides agility but on longer trips the busy character and shorter wheelbase of the chassis can wear you down.
    Further, the room in the back of the RSQ3 is quite minimal.
    As an indication of the difference in size going from the 3 series into the 4 series - the S4 is longer than my SQ5 and that required some manoeuvring of stuff around the garage come acquisition day.
    There is of course the SQ7 which has some useful innovations in it that were not in the SQ5; however, if's a huge bus of a thing to drive around town in and park and I certainly had no need for something of that volume so it was never in our thinking.
    Good luck with the trade - Audi's rule of thumb is 50% depreciation in trade-in value after only two years - but far better deals can be done.
    Happy motoring up there.
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

G'day Morrie, it's almost the end of the year. So have you made up your mind - what is going to replace your 2013 SQ5 TDI. I acknowledge the horrendous saga you have gone through with the DPF; mine has been fine - touch wood. Keen to here the latest from you?
    SQ5 - MY13 - Launch Edition

I’m in a similar situation. Next I’ll change my 2013 SQ5 with the lot. It’s my wife’s car so she gets to pick the brand and may have opted for a Mercedes. The problem she’s aiming very high. C63 came to mind as well as an RS5.
    I think it’s a waste because she never drives it hard. I think she would suffice with an S5 or C43.
    S3 2000 147GTA 2003 R32 2006 S3 2009 SQ5 2013 RS3 2015

Went through the same thought process about replacing my 2013 SQ5. After regrettably realising Audi was procrastinating about the release of a new SQ5 TDI, I made a decision not to wait. As a consequence went to BMW and ordered an Alpina XD3. Was delivered on October 30

Looks like I will wait until the new SQ5 TDI hits our shores next year and have a good look at it. If it takes my fancy I will order one two thirds of the way through next year so it will be a MY2021 model.