Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New purchase - RS4 B5

Quote Originally Posted by DBPhil View Post
    In terms of mods, it has the MTM exhaust and rear badging ... and standard with the alcantara interior (including steering wheel).

Any idea how I can check if itís had an engine work/tune (by MTM)?

Thanks
    Phil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No expert on the NZ Avus versions but all that I have seen haven't from memory had Alcantara. Black leather is all I've seen but I'm sure that there are optioned versions out there. Avus owners will be able to be more specific.

Get in touch with a local tuner and they should be able to check if the standard file is loaded or something else. Whether they can tell whose it is, I can't say. Don't get the local Audi shop to check, I have seen them reflash cars back to standard (albeit they were under warranty at the time).
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Thanks.

Definitely an Aussie delivered vehicle, as have the original delivery record ... but based on what Iíve read it could well be one of the NZ diverted vehicles.

Does anyone know who MTM supplied through in 2000 - 2001 in Australia? Google not being too helpful there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Get in touch with a local tuner and they should be able to check if the standard file is loaded or something else. Whether they can tell whose it is, I can't say. Don't get the local Audi shop to check, I have seen them reflash cars back to standard (albeit they were under warranty at the time).
    Wouldn’t a B5 require a physical chip?

Pretty sure that was only the early ones. Later b5's could be flashed

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Audi A3 1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Wouldnít a B5 require a physical chip?
    The FL 2.7 models are flashed.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

6. Default

Can anyone recall which outfit fitted MTM parts in Sydney when these vehicles were new? Wondering if it was only 1 or 2 workshops ... so I could start with them ... they may keep records.

Thanks,
    Phil.