Thread: Michelin pilot sport 4 s

Default Michelin pilot sport 4 s

Hey Everybody,

Just thought I would let everyone know my opinion on the mp4s tyres. Having come from the factory standard pirelli p zeros. The difference is night and day. The tyres feel alot more solid. The grip level is insane!! Alot more more grip then the p zeros. Certainly inspires more confidence when driving. I went with 245/35/19 all round. Hope this was of some use to you all!!

Cheers :)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 18rs3 For This Useful Post:

JA04STI (May 15th, 2019), jaydece (May 13th, 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by 18rs3 View Post
    Hey Everybody,

Just thought I would let everyone know my opinion on the mp4s tyres. Having come from the factory standard pirelli p zeros. The difference is night and day. The tyres feel alot more solid. The grip level is insane!! Alot more more grip then the p zeros. Certainly inspires more confidence when driving. I went with 245/35/19 all round. Hope this was of some use to you all!!

Nice work, a lot of owners have said the same thing.

Can I ask what you ended up paying per tyre?

Ditched mine.
    Little difference in handling performance under the majority of driving conditions within legal limits and far too noisy on ACT's cold mix surfaces in the S4.
    Certainly no great increment in performance over the PZero PZ4 NCS.
    Starting to appreciate (sadly retrospectively) how good the OEM fitted Hankooks were.
    Now running Contis and we'll see how those go.
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

Good observations. It's not often that Audi specify a brumby tyre for a performance tyre. Also worth noting that the Pirelli P Zero comes in many different configurations and I'm running this version

which performs and wears well. There are totally different tyres badged P Zero which people have had issues with. So the obscure P Zero tag needs a little amplification.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

The PZero PZ4 with NCS is my tyre of choice which looks pretty similar .... this is with the new Hankook likely in second place though I do need to assess these Conti PortContact 6s.
    Of course if I had an RS3 I would likely need to change tyres, regardless of brand, every 10,000 km!
    Last edited by Dingah; May 14th, 2019 at 02:52 PM.
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

I ended up paying 375 per tyre. Couldn't be happier with the new tyres!!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by 18rs3 View Post
    Hey Everybody,

I always read these comments with a grain of salt. What are you comparing against? The old, worn out tyres versus new ones? Or can you remember what the previous new tyres felt like?

Quote Originally Posted by Dingah View Post
    The PZero PZ4 with NCS is my tyre of choice which looks pretty similar .... this is with the new Hankook likely in second place though I do need to assess these Conti PortContact 6s.
    Of course if I had an RS3 I would likely need to change tyres, regardless of brand, every 10,000 km!
    Different tyre and I've never used this pattern so no idea but does illustrate the variety under the generic P Zero.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

I remember what the new tyres felt like. These definitely give a lot more grip in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by deangelj View Post
    I always read these comments with a grain of salt. What are you comparing against? The old, worn out tyres versus new ones? Or can you remember what the previous new tyres felt like?
    Don't forget that once the mold release agent has been stripped from the tread face, a brand new tyre will never be better in the wet, gets worse with wear, but in the dry, a tyre with 1mm tread will be far better than a new tyre. The only exception will be age when a tyre hardens and skates.