Thread: S7 Engine Mount

1. Default S7 Engine Mount

Hey everyone,

So the other day I stopped at the lights and my car started idling pretty rough and I had no idea what it could have been.

So I did a scan using my obdeleven and these 2 faults came up:

01 Engine

System description: 4.0l V8TFSI /
    Software number: 4G0906014
    Software version: 0012
    Hardware number: 4H0906014
    Hardware version: H61
    ODX name: EV_ECM40TFS0114G0906014
    ODX version: 001013
    Long coding: 1A2500326526010A1000

Trouble codes:
    P047500 - Exhaust Pressure Control Valve "A"
    Active
    P049F00 - Exhaust Pressure Control Valve "B"
    Active

System description: AEM - LEAR
    Software number: 4H0907145
    Software version: 0006
    Hardware number: 4H0907145
    Hardware version: H05
    Serial number: 97804001030304
    ODX name: EV_AEMLearAU64X
    ODX version: 002014

Trouble codes:
    C113107 - Actuator 1 for assembly mounting mechanical malfunction
    Active
    Date: 2018-07-12 07:13:24
    Mileage: 39759 km
    Priority: 1
    Malfunction frequency counter: 1
    Unlearning counter: 148

My car is stage 2 APR with a custom downpipe and full Akrapovic exhaust. So i'm not worried about the engine codes as I assume the violent shaking is from the faulty engine mount.

Yes my car is out of warranty so the cost is going to be big!

I found out that APR has an update where I can deactivate the cylinder deactivation mode which I'm going to do as I hear that it wears out the engine mounts much faster. Cylinder deactivation mode will work in the efficiency mode.

I've looked online everywhere and can't seem to find an aftermarket engine mount.

Just wanted to catch everyone's thoughts or facts about how I can get around this in the most effective way. And while the mounts are being changed should I be upgrading or changing anything else?

I keep hearing about the PCV going and not sure what I should do in the preventative situation before that also.

Thanks.

Engine mounts are a common issue on the S6/S7 (I had mine replaced under warranty).

I don’t believe that there is any aftermarket alternatives for the S6/S7 - they are a special dynamic fluid filled mount that cost circa $2.2k each locally (there is 2 of them). As you can imagine there is also a bit of labour involved in their replacement.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Engine mounts are a common issue on the S6/S7 (I had mine replaced under warranty).

I don’t believe that there is any aftermarket alternatives for the S6/S7 - they are a special dynamic fluid filled mount that cost circa $2.2k each locally (there is 2 of them). As you can imagine there is also a bit of labour involved in their replacement.

I've already found a company that can supply both mounts for just under 2K delivered here in Australia.

My car has only done 46000 km and the scan said it has been faulting since 39000 km. My car is in perfect condition never launched and never tracked, how can these go so soon?

Yep, sourcing the parts from overseas can certainly assist with bringing the repair cost down.

My engine mount failure occurred when the car had 30-something thousand kays too, also on a car never launched. The original part clearly is not up to the task - I note it has been revised several times since however so hopefully the latest revision will last a lot longer...