Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: Warranty after changing to Michelin PSS4

  1. Default Warranty after changing to Michelin PSS4

    Hi All,

    Just wondering if anyone has had experience with warranty claims after changing tires to anything but the OEM Pzero?

    Car is 2016 RS3 with 24,000Kms. Have had the tires on for about 3-4000kms.

    Haldex pump was replaced a few thousand Kms ago and the dull vibration went away for a while but now service has discovered some metal in the diff oil.

    Should I switch back to the Pzero?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,876
    Thanked: 456

    Default

    Your choice of tyres should have no bearing on the vehicle warranty, especially if they’re finding swarf in the diff oil.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, Berwick
    Posts
    329
    Thanked: 88

    Default Warranty after changing to Michelin PSS4

    They would need to prove that the tires is/was the cause of the failure in the first place...

    Did you stick to like for like tire profile as per oem is the next question?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Past - MY16 S3 Sedan S Tronic
    His - MY18 RS3 Sedan | Daytona Grey | RS Design | RS Perf 1 | Matrix | Blk Gloss | Phone Bx |Sunroof and much more...
    Hers - MY17 Tiguan 162 R line | Tungsten Silver | Assistance | Sunroof | and more...

  4. Default

    Yeah that was my thought as well. Im being told they need to be an Audi approved model. Is this designated on the Pirelli as AO?

    I have 255/30 R19 91Y on the front and 235/35 R19 91Y on the rear which is the same as the previous (oem) p zero setup.

    They are still fairly new so don't want to be pushed to buy new tyres before I go ahead with warranty work.
    Last edited by shanov2; June 25th, 2019 at 04:41 PM.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shanov2 View Post
    Yeah that was my thought as well. Im being told they need to be an Audi approved model. Is this designated on the Pirelli as AO?

    I have 255/30 R19 91Y on the front and 235/35 R19 91Y on the rear which is the same as the previous (oem) p zero setup.

    They are still fairly new so don't want to be pushed to buy new tyres before I go ahead with warranty work.
    Hey, they will void you. It's happened recently. The size might say it's 255/30 But actually the pzeros are specially made to match the rolling diameter of the 235/35 rears and therefore not true 255/30 tyres. If you don't want issues do what the whole community is doing and go 245/35 mps4s. They fit on 8 and 8.5 inch rims and keep the same rolling diameter. They cant dispute that.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  6. #6

    Default

    I'd ago so far as to say something like rubbish.
    A 255/30/R19 has a given circumference regardless of brand - this is becoming an issue when it isn't.
    I have used Volvo spec Pirellis, Hankook, Michelin and now Continental on a SQ5, RSQ3 and S4.
    Checked each time with Australia's No1 Audi dealership and there have never been any issue with these tyres choices from their perspective.
    Notably the Hankooks were fitted to S4 from new and were not designated AO.
    Dingah

    2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Remarcabull View Post
    Hey, they will void you. It's happened recently. The size might say it's 255/30 But actually the pzeros are specially made to match the rolling diameter of the 235/35 rears and therefore not true 255/30 tyres. If you don't want issues do what the whole community is doing and go 245/35 mps4s. They fit on 8 and 8.5 inch rims and keep the same rolling diameter. They cant dispute that.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    So are you saying its just the front thats the issue? Do the 235/35 mps4s match the equivalent p zero? Could I leave those on rear and swap the fronts to 245/35?

    Thanks

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shanov2 View Post
    So are you saying its just the front thats the issue? Do the 235/35 mps4s match the equivalent p zero? Could I leave those on rear and swap the fronts to 245/35?

    Thanks
    No that's a different rolling diameter. Google tyre size comparisons you will see the differences. 245/35 front and rear is only solution unless you go aftermarket square rims.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  9. #9

    Default

    Am I missing something here?

    255/30 has 76.5mm of rubber
    235/35 has 82.25mm of rubber
    245/35 has 85.75mm of rubber

    If you go square all around, then your speedo calibration will off as your tyres are now 7mm taller, meaning you will be going faster than indicated (1.1% if the reference is the rear). Doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

    Has anyone actually got out a tape measure on a brand new set of PZero AO tyres to compare if the total height of the tyre's match?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redknob View Post
    Am I missing something here?

    255/30 has 76.5mm of rubber
    235/35 has 82.25mm of rubber
    245/35 has 85.75mm of rubber

    If you go square all around, then your speedo calibration will off as your tyres are now 7mm taller, meaning you will be going faster than indicated (1.1% if the reference is the rear). Doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

    Has anyone actually got out a tape measure on a brand new set of PZero AO tyres to compare if the total height of the tyre's match?
    This question has been asked in our fb group at least 60+ times. The Speedo is out usually 4%, so with 245 all round at 100 km an hour my GPS says 98 and is still within range. 100s of people run these with 0 issues and better performance, not to mention 40k kms of a set.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •