Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New addition to the family - Q8 55 TFSI

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Are the S6 & RS6 both gone now?
    RS6 gone. Still got the S6.

Congratulations - looks great. I picked mine up in March and am loving it - great car.
    Have you made any tweaks with VCDS / OBDEleven yet? Wireless CarPlay has been the most valuable one for me.
    SQ5 / Panther Black / 21" Twin Spokes / B&O / DAB / Audi Connect / Adaptive Lights / High Beam Assist / Red Callipers / Privacy Glass / Diamond Stitching / Carbon Inlays

Quote Originally Posted by blackie36 View Post
    Congratulations - looks great. I picked mine up in March and am loving it - great car.
    Have you made any tweaks with VCDS / OBDEleven yet? Wireless CarPlay has been the most valuable one for me.
    Congrats blackie36 - any pics of yours?

Am yet to make any tweaks to it. Have you got details on the changes required for Wireless CarPlay?

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Congrats blackie36 - any pics of yours?

Am yet to make any tweaks to it. Have you got details on the changes required for Wireless CarPlay?

Ok - to enable wireless CarPlay on a non-US model which does not have it enabled, you need to use OBDEleven.

I figured this out myself and have been using it for around 2 months now without any issue or adverse effect (Australian car which does not by default have wireless CarPlay enabled). I believe this will also enable Android Auto (but have not confirmed).

1. Go to Information Control Unit -> Adaptation -> 5F -> Vehicle Configuration -> Apple_DIO_Wireless --- Turn this on and save the change
    2. In OBDEleven go to Information Control Unit -> Adaptation -> 5F -> Vehicle Configuration -> Google_GAL_Wireless --- Turn this on and save the change (only needed if enabling Android Audio)
    3. Go to Information Control Unit -> Adaptation -> 5F -> Vehicle Configuration -> wlan_5ghz_switch --- Turn this on and save the change

Reboot the MMI unit by holding down the volume **** for 10 seconds.

Ensure your phone has Audi Connect app installed and that your device is configured to join the car's 5ghz WLAN network and is bluetooth paired. Once they are set up, you should have the option to use either MMI or CarPlay wirelessly (as with the US models).

Good luck

SQ5 / Panther Black / 21" Twin Spokes / B&O / DAB / Audi Connect / Adaptive Lights / High Beam Assist / Red Callipers / Privacy Glass / Diamond Stitching / Carbon Inlays

Thanks blackie - will give that a shot.

Thanks blackie - will give that a shot.
    Hi Alister - how is the Q8 going?
    Did you have any luck with wireless CarPlay?

Quote Originally Posted by blackie36 View Post
    Hi Alister - how is the Q8 going?
    Did you have any luck with wireless CarPlay?
    Q8 is going OK blackie36. Hasn’t been driven much yet.

Did have an early issue with getting false positives on the parking sensor system - seems to have been resolved now by applying a software update (there is a TPI for it).

Haven’t had a chance to do the wireless CarPlay mod but will over the coming week or so.

Q8 is going OK blackie36. Hasnít been driven much yet.

Did have an early issue with getting false positives on the parking sensor system - seems to have been resolved now by applying a software update (there is a TPI for it).

Havenít had a chance to do the wireless CarPlay mod but will over the coming week or so.
    I've noticed that happening on mine but wasn't aware of the TPI - what is your source of information on the TPI?

Dealer is the source of the information. TPI number is 2054569/1.

I had the update applied late last week - from what I can ascertain so far it seems to have resolved the issue.