Thread: Black window trims

Default Black window trims

Has anyone had success in painting or wrapping there window trims to the glossy black?
    Iím looking at getting rid my ugly alloy trim for a complete black set but they are over $1000 for the whole lot
    Can get some from wreckers but chances are they are already scratched up and faded

So my other option is repaint them or wrapping them
    Anyone got results doing this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it's a pity you're not in Sydney, The guy who wrapped my S4 did a black trim wrap on his A5, it looked great. Wrap style is the name of the company.
    1997 A3 1.8T sold
    2000 TT quattro sold
    2005 Lava Grey A3 2.0 TFSI DSG Sportback, Open Sky, roof racks, Vienna Leather. Sold
    2006 Black A4 2.0 TFSI S-line Quattro Avant Sold
    2009 White A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Avant, Open Sky roof, MMi+ 19" rims, Bang and Olufsen, adaptive cruse, Oak Beaufort trim. Sold
    2016 A4 Quattro sport Avant, Manhattan Gray, Panno roof, Technik package, Assistance package. Sold
    2018 S4 Avant, Sports diff, S performance package, Technik package, honeycomb grille, Nardo Grey Wrap.

I wasn't that impressed with my vinyl trim wrapping as it lasted less than a year before the vinyl started coming apart at the edges. That's the only experience I've had getting trim wrapped so results may vary depending on the company and/or installer.

I also looked at getting replacement trim from the wreckers, but from my understanding you can't pull the trim off without causing irreparable damage to it.

So now I've decided to try a product called Autodip/Superwrap which is a peelable sprayable vinyl wrap and comes in gloss black:

https://getsuperwrap.com/

https://www.boostedautosports.com.au...tomotive-paint

I bought the cans but haven't had time to try it out yet. It's a cheaper alternative and if I don't like it I can easily peel it off and get back to stock.

Whatís the consensus on just painting them?

How about getting them ceramic coated or powder coated much better than just painting them.

Donít think you can powder coat them being that you have to bake the paint and itís made of plastic