Thread: Which model for first car

Default Which model for first car

Hi everyone just wondering which one of the 90ís model would make a good car for a new driver and first car, it has to be non turbo with a degree of good fuel economy. All opinions will be taken onboard and hopefully easy enough to fix when broken
    Thanks for reading
    Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Non turbo due to probationary restrictions? If so the B5 A4 1.8T is a decent option and it is exempt in most states with a simple application form due to under power/weight.
    If not then possibly an A3 model.
    APR
    WAUZZZ

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheChenga For This Useful Post:

alexmacaskill.am (September 1st, 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by alexmacaskill.am View Post
    Hi everyone just wondering which one of the 90ís model would make a good car for a new driver and first car, it has to be non turbo with a degree of good fuel economy. All opinions will be taken onboard and hopefully easy enough to fix when broken
    Thanks for reading
    Alex

Try and set a few "must be's" first. Reliable as can be for age, parts available and so on. I'm not a fan of some of these cars going to a first car situation. Not snobbish, just you can easily be off the road for ages just getting problems fixed. You loose your enthusiasm and so on. However, if that's what you want then go for it, but remember that it was your choice and accept the fate.
    B5 RS4 : Lightly modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IchBautAuto For This Useful Post:

alexmacaskill.am (September 1st, 2019)

Thank you for the replies already looking at parts availability and looking more at the A3 models I am also looking at ease or difficulty factor with repairs as itís me doing them