Thread: S3 sedan manual transmission owners

1. Default S3 sedan manual transmission owners

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any S3 Sedan manual transmission owners on here? I've had mine for about a month now, and absolutely love it! However, while I'm still learning about the car, I'd like to be able to bounce ideas and ask questions to people with a manual transmission.

So let us know if you've got a manual transmission S3, and what make and year you've got. I've got a 2016 8V model.

Hi mate, not many manual transmission owners on here. Bought mine new in 2014, it’s a blue 8v sportback with a few mods (see below). Done 52,000ks so far. Happy to answer any questions you might have - cheers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2014 S3 8V 6MT - Unitronic Stage 1+ Tune / Harding HD Clutch & Flywheel / Racingline High Flow Turbo Inlet / Turbo Muffler Delete / High Flow Filter / 034 Dogbone Incert

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blue1 View Post
    Hi mate, not many manual transmission owners on here. Bought mine new in 2014, it’s a blue 8v sportback with a few mods (see below). Done 52,000ks so far. Happy to answer any questions you might have - cheers.
    Hey mate, nice to finally meet another manual S3 owner! Will definitely hit you up with some questions. One thing I have experienced, which annoys the hell out of me, is sometime when I take off, and change gears, it like doesn't engage the gear properly, and revs out. I end up having to take my foot off the pedal a bit, and wait for it to engage again. Like I'd go from 1st to 2nd, but keeps revving as if I hadn't changed gear. Change to 3rd and does the same, and keep moving up the gears with it still revving, until I take my foot off the accelerator a bit and it then engages.

Have you experienced this before?

I saw you mentioned in another post of mine with regards to having to upgrade the clutch after tuning with unitronic. Read your post about the Harding clutch, and you mention you're not entirely happy with it either?

Quote Originally Posted by dazzo9 View Post
    Hey mate, nice to finally meet another manual S3 owner! Will definitely hit you up with some questions. One thing I have experienced, which annoys the hell out of me, is sometime when I take off, and change gears, it like doesn't engage the gear properly, and revs out. I end up having to take my foot off the pedal a bit, and wait for it to engage again. Like I'd go from 1st to 2nd, but keeps revving as if I hadn't changed gear. Change to 3rd and does the same, and keep moving up the gears with it still revving, until I take my foot off the accelerator a bit and it then engages.

Have you experienced this before?

I saw you mentioned in another post of mine with regards to having to upgrade the clutch after tuning with unitronic. Read your post about the Harding clutch, and you mention you're not entirely happy with it either?
    Dazzo9, sounds like your clutch is slipping. Did you buy it from a dealer or privately? If it was a dealer then you should have some sort of basic warranty with it for the first 3 months (depending what state you're in) Recommend you contact them to sort it out. If you do need to upgrade your clutch there are a few options, the Harding clutch & single mass flywheel is a great unit, but with any single mass flywheel it is noisy below 2500 rpm, both on & off throttle. Here's a link to my old review http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/showthr...-Clutch-Review
    If I did it again I'd go for the HS Tuning RSR Clutch kit, as there's no chatter with this unit, it uses the stock dual mass flywheel. It's based on the TTRS Manual & its modified to fit the S3/Golf R. Here's the link, includes a new dual mass flywheel. https://www.hstuning.com/rsr-clutch-...ategory_id=243 If you search on US sites, keep in mind the S3 in only avaliavle in the US with the S-Tronic, so you need to search 2015-19 Mark 7 Golf R manuals.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2014 S3 8V 6MT - Unitronic Stage 1+ Tune / Harding HD Clutch & Flywheel / Racingline High Flow Turbo Inlet / Turbo Muffler Delete / High Flow Filter / 034 Dogbone Incert