Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audi DRC qualified workshops ACT

Default Audi DRC qualified workshops ACT

Anyone know of any workshops in the ACT that can work on Audi dynamic ride systems ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TYR382 View Post
    Anyone know of any workshops in the ACT that can work on Audi dynamic ride systems ?

Try Northside European but I doubt that Gareth would have invested in the kit needed to undertake all the work required.
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Yeh gave them a call they canít work on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So turns out there is no one in act or even Australia that will service a DRC system other then Audi but they refuse to install lowered springs.

Was thinking of just buying the kit and offering my services on the site for a small fee.
    Audi said just a recharge will be about $500

Iím sure if I had the equipment Iíd charge far less for a job.

If there is a consensus on here it might convince me

With a few years under the tyres, most seem to start having some issues with the DRC systems. All OK when AUDI came to the party and replaced the defective components but that ends eventually. My RS6 came with DRC and before I even bothered putting it on the road I ordered a replacement system from Bilstein. I don't know anyone who wants to put their hands in their pockets to keep the DRC system fitted so very few bordering on none who would be customers. You could probably work out the special rig needed to install / bleed / pressurize the system but I suspect that it would be a bit of a unicorn. Any specific reason to want to retain DRC?
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Iv come to conclusion that I donít even trust any Audi dealer to touch the DRC system. No one can give me a price and no one is willing to even attempt it.
    So Iím starting to build my own system.

All you need is a
    hand pump
    Oil reservoir
    3 way manifold with gauges
    The factory couplers
    Venturi vacuumed tank

Thatís it very basic items really.
    Vac the system out, charge the system at 18 bar, check for leaks bam your done. Not sure why everyone is so afraid of this system
    The ride is unbelievable on the RS5 20Ē it does an outstanding job on ride comfort and handling so Iím not getting rid of it.

Accept that many say that when working well it is a great system. No reason to doubt that at all. Trouble is my car has had two factory systems and the both died so Bilsteins are now on and I am very very happy with the outcome. Better than it should be on 35 series tyres. Yes, the DRC is no big deal technically and any reasonable tech can maintain the pressure system and indeed make a rig. My system died through damper seal leaks, so on both occasions it would have included a new set of dampers.

This is only my experiences and they drive my comments as a recharge without dampers would have been of no value and the knowledge that there is one more thing that does not need repairing in a year or two is good news.

What year model was yours ?

Still is! 2003/4. The original DRC system. People still do swear by them and a few are prepared to fund replacement factory units but most end up choosing one of the many replacement options. I didn't go the adjustable coil over route, went B8 with factory springs and it has been a great outcome for me. If you really need the extra roll stiffness that DRC can provide, the ARB's can be uprated.

Yeh I think there is a big difference in quality in the new system.
    The old systems where made by KYB if I recall
    Not sure who makes the new ones.
    I just hate the fact that you have to vac the whole system just to do any suspension work
    All I wana do is put some lower springs in