Thread: Mounting a fire extinguisher into a B5 A4 Avant. CAMS Car Club Challenge

Default Mounting a fire extinguisher into a B5 A4 Avant. CAMS Car Club Challenge

Hey all, i'm getting involved in the CAMs Car Club Challenge this weekend and spotted that i need a fire extinguisher as part of scruitineering. Now i've already got a 1kg fire extinguisher that's in spec with metal cage, but need to figure out mounting it into the cabin.

Normally it seems that the idea is to mount it using the bolts for the front passenger seat that bolts the seat frame to the floor but in that car, it doesn't bolt into the floor, but instead the rails seems to mount sideways into the sides of the cabin / drive shaft tunnel.

Has anyone managed to successfully manage to mount a fire extinguisher into the without destroying the interior?

Cheers,

Alister
    A4 Avant '99.5 1.8TQ GP. That's how I roll...

you can try contacting these guys but i dont think they make one for your model car. I have one and they are good quality...

https://kap.industries/product/audi-...isher-bracket/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to guile For This Useful Post:

projectsplat (September 20th, 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by projectsplat View Post
    Hey all, i'm getting involved in the CAMs Car Club Challenge this weekend and spotted that i need a fire extinguisher as part of scruitineering. Now i've already got a 1kg fire extinguisher that's in spec with metal cage, but need to figure out mounting it into the cabin.

Normally it seems that the idea is to mount it using the bolts for the front passenger seat that bolts the seat frame to the floor but in that car, it doesn't bolt into the floor, but instead the rails seems to mount sideways into the sides of the cabin / drive shaft tunnel.

Has anyone managed to successfully manage to mount a fire extinguisher into the without destroying the interior?

Cheers,

Alister

Go to the CAMS website and download Schedule H, its under general requirements, it details the size and mounting requirements for fire extinguishers.
    Current - 2007 B7 RS4 Avant, APR Stage 3, Milltek with Hi Flo Cats, GruppeM intake, Sachs Clutch, Factory Ceramics, JHM Shifter, RS6 FBSTW, AMI & Hi Res RSNE
    Current - 2012 B8 A4, 2.0T Quattro Avant SLine
    Current - 2001 B5 S4 Imola Yellow Avant
    Current - 1989 B3 90 Quattro - 7A NA Engine, (Long Term Restoration Project)
    Current - 1984 WR Ur Quattro

Quote Originally Posted by Tas_Audi View Post
    Go to the CAMS website and download Schedule H, its under general requirements, it details the size and mounting requirements for fire extinguishers.
    Cheers, i have found schedule H which is quite detailed, but it doesn't help with the how. that's the bit i'm stuck on. I've been chatting with a few other friends who've gone through this before, so hopefully i can pull something together tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    you can try contacting these guys but i dont think they make one for your model car. I have one and they are good quality...

https://kap.industries/product/audi-...isher-bracket/
    thanks for that. really appreciated. I'll take a look.