Thread: A3 Self-Levelling Headlight Noise

1. Default A3 Self-Levelling Headlight Noise

I just purchased a new A3. I noticed a noise a couple weeks into driving my new car and realised it must be the servo motor for the self-levelling headlights. I figured this was normal. Obviously I can't hear it when I'm driving at speed but I can hear it when I am coming to a stop on a slight hill or parking in my driveway/garage.
    I always keep my lights on auto so i figured the self-levelling will always happen when required however I tested this with the headlight setting set to off. The same noise still occurred.
    Do the headlights still self-level when they are turned off?
    Also is it normal to hear the servo motor every time the headlights self-level?
    I'm just concerned the servo motors will burn out if the lights shouldn't be self-levelling when turned off.
    Appreciate any comments. Sorry if these questions have been asked in the past.

On my 2008 S5, the self levelling happens ever time I turn the car on (mostly in my garage). I can see them going down, then up, then levelling out..

Not much noise, but that's subjective...

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    On my 2008 S5, the self levelling happens ever time I turn the car on (mostly in my garage). I can see them going down, then up, then levelling out..

Not much noise, but that's subjective...
    I can’t imagine you’d hear much of anything over the sound of that sweet Akra SC V8 Stu...

it's stock as a rock buddy