Thread: WTB: Car Key

Default WTB: Car Key

Hi guys, I'm after a key for my B5 A4 2000 as mine has basically deteriorated and fallen apart from the key and the fob... Does anyone have a key available or know where i can get one?
    00 quattro avant 1.8T

Is it the plastic shell that's stuffed? You would be better off swapping the key, internal fob parts and immobiliser chip over to a replacement shell. To have a new fob cut and programmed with immobiliser will run you a good few $$$.
    WAUZZZ
    Current
    B7 A4 2.0TQ
    APR
    8P A3 REVO
    B6 S4 JHM
    B8 S4
    Past
    B5 A4 1.8TQ
    B5 A4 1.8T
    B5 S4 GIAC

It's the part the key is settled in that rotates, cracked appart

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    00 quattro avant 1.8T

You can get them on ebay (Brand new, non-genuine) for around $60.

I've been using one for my B5 for around 1-2 years and it's not too bad. Not as nice as OEM however.

OEM is like $600 coded, if you have your SKC / Immobilizer delete this is a lot cheaper as you can get a locksmith to cut it.

I can do SKC retrevials in TAS for B5's however coding the key for an immo 3 car (2000) is something I've never actually tested as everyone I know has 99.5's with Immo 2.
    Current - 2010.5 R36 Passat (B6)

• Supersprint Catback Exhaust
    • BBS Speedlines 19x9 ET33
    • Koni Yellows + H&R Springs (25mm Drop)
    • GruppeM Intake

Current - 1999.5 B5 A4 1.8TQS

• K03-029
    • 3' Turboback Exhaust
    • KW v1's and more

Past - 1994 B4 80 V6 (2.6), 1992 B3 80 (2.0)

Agree, if you just need a shell, buy a shell and swap all your innards into it. By far the cheapest option.
    With the right punches and replacement spring pins, the key blade is removable from the rotating housing and can be mounted in a new shell with a key blank (replace the blank blade with your original).

If you need to replace the entire key - contact Ram Automotive Locksmiths (Dandenong). They programmed new keys to my S8 with immo3 and they're mobile.
    Marty

---
    Current:
    2001 S8 - 19" x 9" C5 RS6 rims, Solar Sunroof, heated leather front and rear seats, tinted side and rear glass, RNS-D, XCarlink, Bose, clunky old phone in arm rest...
    2002 S8 - 18" RS4 reps (for now), Solar Sunroof, 'Sports' mode shifter... Engine dropped valve on PO - work in progress...

Gone but not forgotten:
    ​1997 A4 Quattro V6 Manual "Hamilton's Club Sport"