Thread: Parking aid issue A4 sedan tfsi Quattro approx 2014

Default Parking aid issue A4 sedan tfsi Quattro approx 2014

Hi team,

out of the blue the parking aid system stopped working. If I put the car in reverse there is one long sound from the system but the sensors make no sound. The mmi screen does not work either. ‘Car, settings, parking’ is all grayed out.

I have put the ignition on, put the car in reverse and put a finger on each sensor and can confirm I feel the pulsing on all 8.

i’ve heard it could be a speaker but I can’t seem to get a definitive location for it to check

can a dodgy Speaker bring the whole system down??

would appreciate any thoughts

thanks!

that's a strange one. I'd reach out to the forum and get it scanned for codes, which should tell you what's wrong with it..Where are you located?

Hi jnrdavo,

Thanks for your reply I’m in Melbourne.

Btw,
    If I put the car in reverse there is one long sound from the system but the sensors make no sound
    This is not quite clear. I mean there is no sound as should be heard when the system is working (slow to rapid beeps to the driver etc).

My post makes it sound like the sensors don’t ‘tick’ perhaps...but they do.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

that one long sound = the system telling you "error" (obvs)

could be an error in a sensor, the loom plug come undone or is split somewhere, or check the fuse

if the speaker for the system was broken it wouldn't make that long sound in the first place so that rules that theory out.
    "Let food be thy medicine and let medicine be thy food" - Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by Ian P Gonzaga View Post
    that one long sound = the system telling you "error" (obvs)

could be an error in a sensor, the loom plug come undone or is split somewhere, or check the fuse

if the speaker for the system was broken it wouldn't make that long sound in the first place so that rules that theory out.
    Thanks Ian,

but aren't there front and rear beepers - they have different frequencies and I'm sure at least the rear noise came from the back of the car but I could be wrong...

appreciate the reply.

I had a similar issue with my S3, the sensors stopped working all of a sudden and the system became inoperable. After some troubleshooting and some research it was determined that the rear speaker was at fault - I found this odd however I bought a new speaker from the dealer and replaced the perceived faulty one. I then tested the parking aid and wouldn't you know it the speaker was working and the parking aid was operational once again.

So as it turns out a faulty parking speaker (either at the front or back) can make the entire system stop working.

For reference this happened in my 2014 S3 hatch, the rear speaker was at the rear right pillar.

Any faulty component in the parking sensor system (sensor, speaker, module) will render the parking system inoperable.

Depending on the car model, plugging in to diagnostics should assist in pinpointing where the problem lies.