Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member Rs359 First Audi

G'day Trance
    Small world. Picked up the Audi after the offer fell through on your white beast.
    It will be good to catch up.
    Cheers.

I was based in Perth for a couple of years and joined the Perth VW group about 6yrs back.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/186906178134308

Hit them with an invite, the group started initially with mostly VW cars, but most have moved on to other continentals. 1 or 2 RS3s in the group as well, and they still catch up regularly every Saturday morning, SOR. Good bunch of ppl..
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

Quote Originally Posted by Rs359 View Post
    G'day Trance
    Small world. Picked up the Audi after the offer fell through on your white beast.
    Cheers.
    Oooh, you're the guy that wanted me to drive an hour round trip to check if the car would fit up your driveway before agreeing to the sale?! Bit of a jump from looking at a Lexus RC-F to an Audi RS3....hopefully it ticks all your boxes.

Curious which dealer you bought through as all the WA ones I looked at were completely trashed and over priced. Usual Perth market place.

As a side note, I removed the front plate holder for a cleaner look and it had absolutely no effect of the Adaptive Cruise...if they are telling you that this effects it then I would point out that some US markets don't run number plates at all (ergo, no backing plate either), and I highly doubt they retune the calibration for this.
    Find me on YouTube @ Frax77

Quote Originally Posted by Trance View Post
    Oooh, you're the guy that wanted me to drive an hour round trip to check if the car would fit up your driveway before agreeing to the sale?! Bit of a jump from looking at a Lexus RC-F to an Audi RS3....hopefully it ticks all your boxes.

Curious which dealer you bought through as all the WA ones I looked at were completely trashed and over priced. Usual Perth market place.

As a side note, I removed the front plate holder for a cleaner look and it had absolutely no effect of the Adaptive Cruise...if they are telling you that this effects it then I would point out that some US markets don't run number plates at all (ergo, no backing plate either), and I highly doubt they retune the calibration for this.
    As to your side note I believe I touched on the backing plate removal rought. I am fully aware of the desire by some to remove it for a cleaner look and also aware of the US market set-up. I never said they retune the calibration for this. Audi intimated to me then filled out a service doc for me to give to the selling dealer, stating 'the backing plate was required for the correct functioning of the radar unit'. I know this is not true.

As to your RCF you had agreed on a price. As you will recall my driveway kerb is higher than yours which is scolloped and your vehicle was lowered. I asked you to measure the height of the underside of your vehicle at two given points so I could check clearance against my driveway kerb entry. The photos you sent appeared to be inaccurate and when I measured the kerb and compared the figures it was too close to call.

Yes there was another set of rims in the deal and factory springs but returning the vehicle to factory was not on my immediate agenda even though they were secured within the deal.

We had been to your place to view the vehicle and been for a drive. I simply requested if you could drive over and check the clearance on my the drive. You decided not to. Then went ahead and sold to a wholesale yard.

Not sure what you mean by ,,,,,,,," Bit of a jump from looking at a Lexus RC-F to an Audi RS3..".

I looked for 12 months at various performance vehicles and the word 'trashed' could loosley apply to most. RC-F's and RS3 especially. Any forum around the world shows clearly RS3's get driven hard often tracked and even if not tracked pads and rotors are getting replaced at earlier Kms than most are happy about. You bought something from the east coast with low miles but you have no idea how it's been driven. You only think you know.

The shift changes in the RS3 are lightning fast, faster than the RCF and no severe clunking coming from the Haldex , unlike the your RCF's TVD or noises emanating from transmission shift changes.

I guess a lot of what I looked at ..." were completely trashed and over priced. Usual Perth market place." I mean to say your original asking price on the two parts of the sale came down 10k......76k RCF 4K for Rims........agreed upon price less than 70K.

Just my recollection of the connection.

Wow! I thought it was a pretty simple and harmless question/statement based on genuine curiosity....but sure, go ahead and rip in to my pride and joy if it makes you feel better. The RC-F and RS3 are about as different as chalk and cheese, but good on you for comparing their transmissions/drivelines to hang more sh!t on my old car (which had no transmission issues btw - Lexus certified). Oh and thanks for pointing out the flaws in my sale pricing strategy....goodness, 25 cars owned in my short lifetime and it turns out I had no idea what I was doing, cheers.

Wish I had the time to write gargantuan posts, but like I said, hope the RS3 ticks all your boxes and Audi sort out all the issues you've raised.

Judging by the diatribe above, I'm happy to have dodged a bullet I reckon.
    Find me on YouTube @ Frax77

Your post.

Wow! I thought it was a pretty simple and harmless question/statement based on genuine curiosity....but sure, go ahead and rip in to my pride and joy if it makes you feel better. The RC-F and RS3 are about as different as chalk and cheese, but good on you for comparing their transmissions/drivelines to hang more sh!t on my old car (which had no transmission issues btw - Lexus certified). Oh and thanks for pointing out the flaws in my sale pricing strategy....goodness, 25 cars owned in my short lifetime and it turns out I had no idea what I was doing, cheers.

Wish I had the time to write gargantuan posts, but like I said, hope the RS3 ticks all your boxes and Audi sort out all the issues you've raised.

Judging by the diatribe above, I'm happy to have dodged a bullet I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rs359 View Post
    G'day Trance
    Cheers.
    That is how I chose to aknowlwedge knowing you', keeping it friendly.

You decided to open with.....
    "Oooh, you're the guy that wanted me to drive an hour round trip to check if the car would fit up your driveway before agreeing to the sale?!"

And followed it with....
    "Curious which dealer you bought through as all the WA ones I looked at were completely trashed and over priced. Usual Perth market place."

A statement you have repeated on at least three occasions on this forum..

A simple friendly approach so far

Your third paragraph only added to the veracity of my diatribe. Thanks for that.

I felt your post was hostile and responded with the back story to give a more detailed account of me being 'Oooh the guy'.
    I thought perhaps I may have over reacted but when I read this......
    "Oh and thanks for pointing out the flaws in my sale pricing strategy....goodness, 25 cars owned in my short lifetime and it turns out I had no idea what I was doing, cheers."
    Pricing strategy. That's what your calling it. And really 25 cars, is that all, in not such a short life. Lol.

I came to ask for assistance with any issues I may have from time to time and to pass on any relevant learning or information I come by, not to waste time with snobbery types.. Not here for you and if you dont like long post you just dont read them....right!

Guess cars and coffee invite is off the table.

You can block me now , as I will you.
    Last edited by Rs359; October 20th, 2019 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Add text