Thread: Audi A4 B5 1.8t ajl

Angry Audi A4 B5 1.8t ajl

Hello all, I currently have a Audi A4 b5 that has apparently had an engine swap but has no documentation of anything happening so Iím trying find out if there is actually a different engine in the car. My problem is I canít find any engine identification number on the block and I canít find a engine identification number using my vin or on the sticker in the boot. So I canít determine if itís a different engine or not, if anyone has any ideas on how I can find out if itís a different engine or not please comment

Lets start with google. Search for "audi AJL engine number location" or similar. The original engine number should be on the sticker in the boot and in the service manual. What does your rego paper say? Does it match or is it different? You'll have an issue if the engine number fitted differs from the rego documents. With all the info available on the web, this is a no brainer to solve.
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- C5 2.7 allroad -- B5 A4 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8