Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member - B5 S4 Avant Resurrection!

1. Default New Member - B5 S4 Avant Resurrection!

Hi All,

My first post to introduce myself - My name is Mat Currently own an 09 R36 Varient in Black and recently purchased an 01 B5 S4 Avant in Nogaro Blue (something about fast euro wagons that gets me)..

I think i saved chassis #0069 from the inevitable wrecking/dismantling fiesta that would have surely came if i didn't pick it up... it's cosmetically in need of some attention, paint and body repairs, retrim/replace the Recaro RS4 seats, and fit some other wheels - has some later model 19" wheels on it that makes it look a bit DUB spec for my liking.. Mechanically though it's solid.. has been maintained and many of the common faults repaired.. i will be Vlogging alot of what i do for my youtube channel - there is a heap of my previous builds and alot of R36 stuff on there if anyone is interested - Subscribe and hit notifications for the first video's of the S4 getting ready to drop soon!

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrExtremeboost

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S43.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	31032
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S42.jpg  

3. The Following User Says Thank You to guile For This Useful Post:

Matty.C (October 17th, 2019)

Welcome, agree the S4 would look much better with period wheels. Look forward to your future posts.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IchBautAuto For This Useful Post:

Matty.C (October 17th, 2019)

6. Default

Quick Update with the First Video... be prepared the car is in........... poor cosmetic condition..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcMkFs5jObU&t=1s

Nice one mate. Was the roof completely covered in crap, or has the paint gone off?

Who has a car and let's it get to that stage, I've never understood...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jnrdavo; October 22nd, 2019 at 04:47 PM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    Nice one mate. Was the rood completely covered in crap, or has the paint gone off?

Who has a car and let's it get to that stage, I've never understood...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Clear started to fail - so he plasti dipped it.. which has obviously seen alot of sun - i'm leaning towards a closed door respray now that i have walked around the car and basically seen most panels need some sort of work.. but front/rear bars, front gaurds and roof needs paint.

9. Default

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rec.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	31244
    C
    lick this thumbnail for the latest episode in Project Bluey!

Nice. Love that nogaro blue

11. Default

Hi guys - quick update on this (i should probably move to a different section) - still need to edit the Vlog episode for this.

* Black recaro interior in, fixed sticky switches with the switch panel from the cream seats.
    * Plugs replaced (was miss firing under boost, runs perfect now - full standard boost)
    * Purple bubbly tint removed
    * brake booster resivior replaced
    * Have a hand full of tune files to upload and post differences (stage 1, 2 and 3 with various bits in there) - i will be using Nefmoto and my 'tuning' laptop, already have the correct cable interface. This particular stage 2 tune is apparently quite aggressive for the K03's so wish me luck on that!

Just arrived -
    * New OEM Alternate headlights (TYC brand) 1 piece to replace the DRL remakes that are in there
    * New OEM (elring) cam cover gaskets/timing chain seals/cam cap plugs
    * Catless standard down pipes
    * Standard S4 alloys (repair and repaint)

* Roadworthy certificate and registration SOON!!!

Nice to see the progress. One question I hesitate to ask, but as you haven't mentioned it, what is the airbag status? You may have noticed the many posts about the Takata airbag situation and the most recent where a car was refused rego in NSW. Just a heads up that maybe you should get your airbag status confirmed before spending any more. I'd recommend a good read of what has been said to date to get an idea of the complexities of the situation.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8