Thread: audi S3 8p...

Default audi S3 8p...

looks like my old thread is closed for some reason so I'll carry on here with a small update, I rolled the guards and got some wider rubber...

first thing that need to go was the instructions...

I went with 255 which is pretty wide for this chassis...

looking pretty meaty...

hopefully I can avoid rubbing the arches, I'm also after more camber which should help...

I also ordered some new Coilovers which arrived last week. I ordered them a while ago but due to the world time attack series MCA couldn't get them shipped straight out but I said it wasn't an issue...

https://mcasuspension.com/shop/produ...gen-Golf-Mk6-R

when I ordered them it was recommended to go back to stock sways so I got on the hunt, not as easy as you might think. luckily Gav came to the rescue as usual and shipped me up a pair from Melbourne for the cost of shipping only. what a legend and he even included the oem brackets..

ignore the whiteline packaging as he reused the packaging from the replacement sway bars...

I decided to upgrade the old rubber sway bushings to polyurethane and bought some adjustable rear drop links at the same time, I already have them for the front...

a few photos from the last happy laps, thanks to the photographer...

Untitled by Richard Guile, on Flickr

as much as I'm not a fan of dashboard phone holders I thought the clear mount might be a less obvious option...

it was easy to install...

and fairly easy on the eye...

does a good job with the Waze app that has saved me some demerit points on a few occasions...

and works well with the track lap timer too...

Last edited by guile; August 7th, 2020 at 10:10 PM.

purchased some new 9.5 wide wheels had them fitted with 265/35/18 nexens...

surprisingly went straight on and I was able to get full lock, just...

something really looks out of whack with them though...

going to take a lot of tinkering to get them to work on the track, especially at the back...

surprising nearly fit inside the front guards...

not quite though so more rolling and adjustments required. there is obviously good reason I've never heard of an0ther 8p running 265...

i finally got it fitted at the weekend, it was quite a mission but its on now and hopefully holds together on the next track day...

looks pretty flashy and well built but I'm a bit nervous of the installers ability so I'll take it out for a shake down before hand to make sure it doesn't spew oil everywhere...

i'm not that impressed for a supposed wonderfully designed piece of kit that the 8AN fittings hit the cooler housing so i had to add an extra washer...