Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B5 V8 racecar

that's a nice looking engine bay!

I've always worried about the cables coming out of the coil packs and them heating up and coming brittle..They are just such a bugger to tape off though..

Cheers, yeah they would definitely benefit from some tape. I'm pretty happy with it, just need to get some more use out of it in the new year. Will be building the rear diffuser and flat floor during the Christmas holidays and wanting to get it caged as early as possible next year so I can run some of the faster hillclimbs like Bathurst.

Little vid my daughter took. I took it for a little spin before I pull the engine which has been sold. Twin turbo V8 going in now.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dZiDMQLVFxk

Enjoy. The limited info about the RS6 champion racing series in the US gives an interesting perspective on why and how they developed the V8.
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Yeah cool, I'll have a look. How's yours going?

Good, just finished the Bilstein install an hour ago. All done now except for some little additions in the post. Never complain about the RS4 for access after this.
    C5 RS6: APR, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

So engine has been sold (bloke is swapping it into a Boxster) and time to finish the turbo V8 I started awhile back in this previous thread;
    http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/showthr...7-4-2-V8-turbo
    First I'm going to gusset the shock towers for 3 inch down pipes, relocate the ABS and battery.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ABS into the battery tray.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Default

Nice work mate

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Quick81 For This Useful Post:

jsol (February 11th, 2020)