Thread: 3.0L T Diesel question

Default 3.0L T Diesel question

Hello, I am in the market for a A5 Quattro and found one I really like however it has a 3.0L T Diesel engine with 80Kms on the clock. I have never owned a Diesel engine always driven Petrol, currently have a A4 with 1.8T Petrol.

Are the Audi Diesel engines and good, any common issues, loud, better or worse that Petrol?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every one of us could have a different impression on Diesels. They were the go to car in Europe for decades until the particulate issues hit the fan. Take a test drive at some dealer and see what you think. I wouldn't shell out based on forum comments alone, no matter how helpful. Google audi diesels and read, see what you think.

I've driven one for years in the past but no longer own one. My cars of choice don't come diesel. My only observation would be that diesel engines thrive on miles and operation. If it's your DD and it doesn't get decent miles at speed, probably not for you.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IchBautAuto For This Useful Post:

Sam00 (November 30th, 2019)

Cracking engine, but all depends on how you intend on using it. Lots of short trips = not good for modern diesels (DPFs clog).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Sam00 (November 30th, 2019)