Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C5 RS6 on Grey's auction.

Default C5 RS6 on Grey's auction.

Ends today. Bidding is only at 5.6k. Could go cheap

Sows ear comes to mind. This car was on Gumtree / Carsales throughout Sep / Oct for $21,000. It looked really rough then and a bit less so now and it just dropped off the sales pages everywhere. This is the engine shot from Carsales I think, even the DV's are incorrectly orientated so the maintenance might have been done by a monkey.

Screenshot_2019-09-23 2003 Audi RS6 Auto quattro.jpg

This is an auction picture, same engine.

cu-1.jpg

A few distinctive bits make it pretty well identifiable. It'd be a big job even if obtained cheap.

Those prices put the value of some cars into perspective These are not one of the cars I'd consider buying cheap and rebuilding. A guy in UK is doing this right now and some of the kit he has been buying makes the eyes water without even mentioning prices, and that isn't a hot up job, just RTS.
    Last edited by IchBautAuto; December 4th, 2019 at 12:22 PM.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IchBautAuto For This Useful Post:

momento1 (December 4th, 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Sows ear comes to mind. This car was on Gumtree / Carsales throughout Sep / Oct for $21,000. It looked really rough then and a bit less so now and it just dropped off the sales pages everywhere. This is the engine shot from Carsales I think, even the DV's are incorrectly orientated so the maintenance might have been done by a monkey.

Screenshot_2019-09-23 2003 Audi RS6 Auto quattro.jpg

This is an auction picture, same engine.

cu-1.jpg

A few distinctive bits make it pretty well identifiable. It'd be a big job even if obtained cheap.

Those prices put the value of some cars into perspective These are not one of the cars I'd consider buying cheap and rebuilding. A guy in UK is doing this right now and some of the kit he has been buying makes the eyes water without even mentioning prices, and that isn't a hot up job, just RTS.
    For someone who is looking for an all out project might be good.
    Engine out full rebuild, standalone ecu and dash, maybe even a different auto gearbox or manual seq??
    twin big ass turbos..

hmmm ideas ideas.
    Current:
    - Audi S2 1993 - Kingfisher Blue - GTX3584rs + E98 = 760 whp

- Porsche Macan S 2017 - Sapphire Blue

Past:
    - Audi SQ5 2013 - Panther Black
    - Audi S4 2002 - Nogaro Blue - Stage 3+ 249 Kw atw
    - Audi S3 2001 - Silver -
    169 Kw atw

*Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and over steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

I may have thought that until I bought one and started learning all the little bits behind the scenes. You'd need some seriously deep pockets just for the parts, not the labour. Then when it's all finished, you'd really struggle to get $30k for it. In the last quarter it seems that every RS6 sold has been for not much over mid $20k's. The one dealer example languishes at $34+K unsold after 6+ months. May as well just buy some great big cigars and light them with $50 notes. You'll come out on top.

After 6 odd years of RS4 ownership, I'd like to think that I went in with my eyes open when I bought mine recently. More than happy with my car, it should be as good an example as you can get with low miles, some attractive options and fault free. Nevertheless, and this might be partly my obsessions, it's had a another $10K spent over the sticker price and it still isn't registered. Not complaining, it was all voluntary, but my comments are meant as a reality check from personal experience. Mine was, as said, a good example, a poor example will only pay off for the very select few who have the wherewithal and skills to get around the inherent issues with older Audi.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    I may have thought that until I bought one and started learning all the little bits behind the scenes. You'd need some seriously deep pockets just for the parts, not the labour. Then when it's all finished, you'd really struggle to get $30k for it. In the last quarter it seems that every RS6 sold has been for not much over mid $20k's. The one dealer example languishes at $34+K unsold after 6+ months. May as well just buy some great big cigars and light them with $50 notes. You'll come out on top.

After 6 odd years of RS4 ownership, I'd like to think that I went in with my eyes open when I bought mine recently. More than happy with my car, it should be as good an example as you can get with low miles, some attractive options and fault free. Nevertheless, and this might be partly my obsessions, it's had a another $10K spent over the sticker price and it still isn't registered. Not complaining, it was all voluntary, but my comments are meant as a reality check from personal experience. Mine was, as said, a good example, a poor example will only pay off for the very select few who have the wherewithal and skills to get around the inherent issues with older Audi.
    Agree.
    They require a lot of money spent which will never be recouped. But its for the passion.

Me personally im waiting on a nice clean blue C6 to come around.
    The i might part with my S2.. hmmmmm
    Current:
    - Audi S2 1993 - Kingfisher Blue - GTX3584rs + E98 = 760 whp

- Porsche Macan S 2017 - Sapphire Blue

Past:
    - Audi SQ5 2013 - Panther Black
    - Audi S4 2002 - Nogaro Blue - Stage 3+ 249 Kw atw
    - Audi S3 2001 - Silver -
    169 Kw atw

*Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and over steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Completely forgot to look in and see what the last bid was last night. Anyone know what it went for.

Agree the passion. Just for some as it's bush fire season, you wouldn't want another fire around when you put the inevitable match to it in frustration. Just finished wading through a 21 page post on MAF leaks and the design of the twin MAF system. Mind boggling!

Finished at $14,209, plus 7% buyers premium

So, $15,203

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rab5 For This Useful Post:

IchBautAuto (December 5th, 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by rab5 View Post
    Finished at $14,209, plus 7% buyers premium

So, $15,203

Many thanks for that, appreciated. Not so far from the asking price when it was up for sale. Clearly there were a few interested with the last minute surge.

Let's hope these cars go up in value not further down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregstv View Post
    Let's hope these cars go up in value not further down.

May be just before the bottom but in a little while if you have a good one it should start to come up again. You'd need to be a bit special to take on a poor example. It was the bees knees when new but the attraction to buyers dropped off sharply. Bit of this depends on our respective governments. Can never predict when large capacity cars are going to get slammed with extra taxes. Been an interesting piece on the new London ULEZ. Approx $25 a time if you drive inside the zone. All done on rego plates and for example the B5 RS4 comes in Euro 2 and Euro 3 specs over it's short life. Have the wrong one, live in the wrong place and it's $50 a day just to come and go.