Page 111 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1144

Thread: 2020 RS3 owner's thread

Hi all! Been great reading about and seeing pics of cars starting to flow and ship - congrats to all.

A few things I've been saving up to ask and discuss with the experts here, appreciate any thoughts and feedback!

- I feel like sometimes when disengaging the driver assist I could swear the feel of the steering is more resistant, almost like the assist hasn't disengaged fully or the software has a glitch and puts it into a firmer mode afterwards, has anyone else experienced this or maybe its my imagination!
    - Tyre pressure! I have nitrogen and finding in these cold winter months driving 20 minutes from home to work both ways the PSI is quite low, i was targeting somewhere around 42 front 38 back on the P-Zeros ideally but finding much lower due to temp. Do you guys usually extra fill in the cold months to compensate as I'm seeing some quite low PSI, what pressures do you like?
    - Anyone know a way to have the stupid auto stop/start crap turned off as standard, always need to turn that off as I try to warm the car on the way to work so I can give it some stick before I get there temperatures willing :P

Quote Originally Posted by RaMoNsTeR View Post
    Hi all! Been great reading about and seeing pics of cars starting to flow and ship - congrats to all.

A few things I've been saving up to ask and discuss with the experts here, appreciate any thoughts and feedback!

- I feel like sometimes when disengaging the driver assist I could swear the feel of the steering is more resistant, almost like the assist hasn't disengaged fully or the software has a glitch and puts it into a firmer mode afterwards, has anyone else experienced this or maybe its my imagination!
    - Tyre pressure! I have nitrogen and finding in these cold winter months driving 20 minutes from home to work both ways the PSI is quite low, i was targeting somewhere around 42 front 38 back on the P-Zeros ideally but finding much lower due to temp. Do you guys usually extra fill in the cold months to compensate as I'm seeing some quite low PSI, what pressures do you like?
    - Anyone know a way to have the stupid auto stop/start crap turned off as standard, always need to turn that off as I try to warm the car on the way to work so I can give it some stick before I get there temperatures willing :P
    1) Never really notice it felt firmer after turning off driver assist, you mean lane assist?
    2) Usually pump it up to about 40PSI all round, since i'm running square set up. The temps takes a while to get up, once its up and running, TPMS shows 42PSI
    3) OBD11 is your best friend to code all these out.. i'm sure the guys here can point this out on how to do it
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

Hi beanoyip - yep talking about the lane assist, i could swear sometimes when turning off the wheel is far more resistant, but could be placebo effect since now its in my mind. Will check out OBD11 thanks for the tip.

What mode is your steering on? Does it change once you've disengaged DA?
    I, like Beanoyip, pump the tires when cold to 40 psi all round.
    Best way I know for Auto Start stop is either VCDS, or using the ASR RX2 valve controller which has auto start stop memory (which I and flam both have installed), so it's a set and forget. OBD 11 might be a cheaper way to deactivate it. I highly recommend the valve controller as it opens the sound of the car, significantly.
    2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

ASR RS2 valve controller + 1

once installed, you have full control of when and in what mode the valves open or close, and deactivate start/stop function even if you restart the car, very handy.

Valve controller sounds good, I am kind of holding off though until I decide upon my final solution setup wise. Want to see some more options and feedback regarding OPF removal.

I guess no cruises anytime soon for all of us in the communist state of Victoria under comrade Dan's iron fist rule

I guess no cruises anytime soon for all of us in the communist state of Victoria under comrade Dan's iron fist rule
    Nope. I still haven't had Jacky go over the car since I got it wrapped. Only thing I can do is wash it and drive it to the shops!

Not trying to start a debate, but if people did as they were told, we wouldn't be in this mess. It isn't about relinquishing freedoms, but minimising deaths. Too many idiots ruining it for most. But if anything, Andrews hasn't been hard enough. Really massive fines from the get go to make sure directives were adhered to would have made a difference....Oh well. We persist!

I'm just dying to get my car tuned and bolt ons added to bring this car to the life it can deliver. Just sluggish at the moment in normal driving conditions.
    2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

Got my upgraded VCDS cable from Ross-Tech last week, so looking to do some tweaking whilst in stage 4 lockdown.

Feel for you guys in VIC, it's a 5hit go, but I do agree with JoeCool. We've all got to do the right thing, it's not about this state or that state, we all have our portion of idiots per capita that are ruining it for the rest.

Update on me, I'm nearly out sadly. After throwing a 5hitfit at the sales manager for all the drama, fibs, delays, lack of update, lack of contact...they "miraculously "found" "my vehicle" .... already on a ship...after telling me the system said nothing since a 10/6/20 build.

I'd say they just got lucky and managed to do a system stock swap purely because I was about to pull out.

But the experience has so massively soured me, quite aside from ordering a car in Jan and getting it late September...it's the way they've conducted themselves throughout. So soured....I even went looking at another comparable vehicle on weekend. Even if I go back to square 1 with waiting for delivery, I will be looking at a higher spec/tech and maybe better service

Really a shame , I've been wanting an RS3 since late 2018 and like most of you sat out the WTP delays.

Now begins the argument over getting my deposit back... although I'm pretty sure they don't want the chronology of what I've been thru getting to corporate..
    2012 A4 Quattro S-Line, Glacier White - SOLD
    2016 A4 Quattro S-Line , Glacier White Technik Pack, Sunroof
    2020 RS3 Carbon Edition Sedan, Matrix LED, Nardo Grey , Audi Corporate- ON ORDER