Page 137 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1433

Thread: 2020 RS3 owner's thread

Loving what you guys are doing with the cars, saw that video before you removed it @Joecool :) Sounds good!

So I am pulling the trigger on DS1 and OPF removal now, just want to get the "close enough to 12 months" service done and car checked top to bottom prior to the work, anyone have a thought on which Audi dealership seem to be the best service wise or are they all much of a muchness? I hit a pothole a while back and to me at least the steering seems to have a minor "tram tracks" movement to it, so I'm hoping they can find what's up there, probably a damaged rim or steering rods or something. If its a rim I'm going to just change them and go Pilot Sports all square.

Seems like Underground Performance are the DS1 guys in Melbourne, leaning that way at the moment. Plan is really just minimum upgrades to get that 2018 style snap crackle and pop sound and after a low grumbly tone not a high pitched screaming sound. Will chat to them on my requirements, loved the note you were getting from your last change up @Domino_Z

Quote Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
    At this stage for dwna id only be either using unitronic for an easy diy flash at home, or custom tune using ds1 via someone like UGP

Yes the elbow, or turbo inlet, is definitely required, more so than an actual airbox/intake replacement

The best option for RHD cars is the eventuri turbo inlet
    Cheers Domino, some stuff to think about.

Hey all, cannot believe how long its been since I have been on here. Great work from domino and joecool pioneers in modifying their cars!!

So I was wondering if anyone has had any failures on their cars yet? Mine ended up getting towed with a water pump failure been with Audi since Monday (failed Saturday) should be getting it back tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Interleave View Post
    So I was wondering if anyone has had any failures on their cars yet? Mine ended up getting towed with a water pump failure been with Audi since Monday (failed Saturday) should be getting it back tomorrow.
    Water pump failures seem to be a common thing with certain VAG models, particularly the 2.0T 4 cylinders. I don't have first hand ownership experience with the 5 cylinders to know, but I do recall hearing of the issue in relation to either the RS3 or TTRS previously.

I assume it is getting replaced under warranty - hopefully with a revised part that is less prone to failure.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Interleave (April 29th, 2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Water pump failures seem to be a common thing with certain VAG models, particularly the 2.0T 4 cylinders. I don't have first hand ownership experience with the 5 cylinders to know, but I do recall hearing of the issue in relation to either the RS3 or TTRS previously.

I assume it is getting replaced under warranty - hopefully with a revised part that is less prone to failure.
    I have had a good run so far with my RS4 and the last two RS3's. So interleave the temperature rose or did you get a fault code?

G

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    I have had a good run so far with my RS4 and the last two RS3's. So interleave the temperature rose or did you get a fault code?

G
    Basically driving along and car threw out a warning to pull over immediately and turn engine off. By the time I was able to pull over message and error was gone. Temperature was normal and continued to remain normal. When I did eventually pull over coolant level was just below minimum level. By the time road side assist turned up it was 1" lower again. Decision was made to tow the car even though roadside assist guy told me to fill it up with water and drive it back home 10kms away.

Took Audi 4 days to turn it around to find the issue. New pump installed collecting car tomorrow all done under warranty as one would expect.

Which dealer Interleave?

In the process of organizing the following with Underground Performance in Melbourne:
    - Integrated Engineering downpipe w/200 cell cat
    - Integrated Engineering carbon fiber intake system
    - Unitronic inlet pipe
    - Wagner Intercooler
    - Custom MQB ECU/DSG tune
    - No more OPF's!!!!

I was intially looking at DS1 for the tune but decided against it simply because I have no interest in running flex fuel and the additional cost was significant. UGP can get what I want out of a custom stage 2 "mild" tune.

Seems like a lot of hassle to get some OG sound right? See how it goes will report back with video etc in the weeks ahead, any feedback appreciated!
    Last edited by RaMoNsTeR; April 29th, 2021 at 07:56 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RaMoNsTeR For This Useful Post:

domino_z (April 30th, 2021), exBimmer (April 30th, 2021)

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Which dealer Interleave?
    Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by RaMoNsTeR View Post
    In the process of organizing the following with Underground Performance in Melbourne:
    - Integrated Engineering downpipe w/200 cell cat
    - Integrated Engineering carbon fiber intake system
    - Unitronic inlet pipe
    - Wagner Intercooler
    - Custom MQB ECU/DSG tune
    - No more OPF's!!!!

I was intially looking at DS1 for the tune but decided against it simply because I have no interest in running flex fuel and the additional cost was significant. UGP can get what I want out of a custom stage 2 "mild" tune.

Seems like a lot of hassle to get some OG sound right? See how it goes will report back with video etc in the weeks ahead, any feedback appreciated!
    Good to hear some progress, anyone with experience of the IE gear?