Page 141 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1433

Thread: 2020 RS3 owner's thread

So finally DS1'd the whip, upgrading from Unitronic stage 2 U98. Started out with a file that Domino uses on his car but my injectors weren't liking it and were maxing out pretty quick. Which also affected the amount of boost that we could play with.

So the tuner went with a different strategy (without having to upgrade injectors) and backed off the boost and kept under the tolerances of the stock injectors. making better power with a little less torque, but sustained torque in the midrange. Nice and smooth, without any spikes or such, which help from keeping rods getting bent. Tried a higher and lower torque file as well. I've stuck with the higher torque file for now.

Final result between the Unitronic and the DS1. Remembering that Uni was using a beta file for DNWA engines.

Goes to show that you really should go with a custom tune, as all cars don't behave the same, even when given the exact same map.
    Last edited by Joecool; June 19th, 2021 at 10:01 AM.
    2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joecool For This Useful Post:

jaydece (June 19th, 2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
    Yeah, they still service the car for the first 3 years. I just tell them to not flash the ECU and TCU. And make sure they don't wash the car, plus tell them any niggles that the car has like squeaky sunroof and any rattles in the car (I have one that sounds like it's coming from the door card behind me). That's about it. We'll see what happens when I pick the car up this afternoon.

Of course, I can't claim any drivetrain related issues from here on in, due to the mods made.
    Cheers, decided to go to Richmond where I bought the car, used Brighton in the past, but no pro's or con's. By the way you guys had any issues with the washer jets all over the place, the 2016 RS3 did the same, for car worth over $100K is not good. Also in bright sunlight I get a lot of multi-color speckle from the front windscreen, ? faulty glass?

Joe Cool how was the service at Brighton?

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Cheers, decided to go to Richmond where I bought the car, used Brighton in the past, but no pro's or con's. By the way you guys had any issues with the washer jets all over the place, the 2016 RS3 did the same, for car worth over $100K is not good. Also in bright sunlight I get a lot of multi-color speckle from the front windscreen, ? faulty glass?

Joe Cool how was the service at Brighton?
    Service at Brighton was fine. I've been using them for in-warranty servicing for my last 3 cars. Only thing I found was they wiped all my VCDS mods. I'll just have to go back in and do them again!

As for the jets you describe, one of the first mods to do is replace them with the misting jest from the A6. Originals I got here:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/17417808...53.m1438.l2649
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20275554...53.m1438.l2649

Easy 2 minute replacement.

Can't say anything about experience with the windshield other than Audi glass is f*cking soft. All 3 of my Audis have suffered either cracked glass or chips.
    2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

Cheers.

we’re gonna need a bigger boat…. RS6 order incoming

• 2015 RS3 Sportback Nardo (SOLD)
    • 2020 RS3 Sportback Merlin (REDUX)

Just need to endure for about 6mths or so? After that your kid will outgrow the capsule and use the normal car seat..
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

It's when they turn on to lanky teenagers that the rs6 comes in to its own!

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Default 2020 RS3 owner's thread

Yep that’s what I’ve been told, the rear facing car seat isn’t as long

The wife’s exclusive s5 sb finally got built after repeated delays and is on the water

After a lot of maneuvering by my dealer I secured an rs6 build slot for end of year, and Audi finally agreed to doing an exclusive color amidst all the component and build delays, but currently the exclusive upholstery shop is closed, I believe due to German covid employee restrictions. Hoping by time I need to confirm spec it reopens

10. The Following User Says Thank You to domino_z For This Useful Post:

beanoyip (July 19th, 2021)

Quote Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
    Yep that’s what I’ve been told, the rear facing car seat isn’t as long

The wife’s exclusive s5 sb finally got built after repeated delays and is on the water

After a lot of maneuvering by my dealer I secured an rs6 build slot for end of year, and Audi finally agreed to doing an exclusive color amidst all the component and build delays, but currently the exclusive upholstery shop is closed, I believe due to German covid employee restrictions. Hoping by time I need to confirm spec it reopens
    Will you still be keeping the RS3 after the RS6 inbound?
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

Quote Originally Posted by beanoyip View Post
    Will you still be keeping the RS3 after the RS6 inbound?
    Undecided atm, will work it out when rs6 finally arrives