Page 142 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1433

Thread: 2020 RS3 owner's thread

nice one! What colours are you (hoping) to get?

Anyone tempted to order the 2022 RS3, reviews look good.

Yes, as you say features & commentary so far sounds good. Will be interesting to see how the first full comprehensive reviews go.

Default 2020 RS3 owner's thread

Not sure if I will at this stage, took so much time and effort to get the dwna 8v to sound and drive right, kinda cbb doing it all again for what is essentially the same car. If all the existing 8v parts fit and the ecu is just another revision file of what is in 8v, that may make decision easier

Plus Iíll have my hands full soon opf deleting and tuning the rs6 to get that to sound right
    Last edited by domino_z; July 26th, 2021 at 02:53 AM.
    • 2015 RS3 Sportback Nardo (SOLD)
    • 2020 RS3 Sportback Merlin (REDUX)

Default 2020 RS3 owner's thread

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    nice one! What colours are you (hoping) to get?
    Going to be replicating my rs3 - Merlin on lunar silver

I kept going back n forth over doing a green on tan build, but I keep coming back to it being the second best colour compared to merlin - rs3 will be going up for sale when rs6 arrives as I have a spec in mind I want to do an 8Y rs3 sb in that Iím just not brave enough to do on a 300k wagon

Iíll do the lunar silver leather retrim locally if by then the kiddo doesnít convince me black is less stressful
    Last edited by domino_z; August 12th, 2021 at 01:57 AM.
    • 2015 RS3 Sportback Nardo (SOLD)
    • 2020 RS3 Sportback Merlin (REDUX)

Hey all, been a while, hope the lockdowns aren't driving everyone insane.

@Domino can't wait to see the RS6 in Purple :) the 2022 RS3 looks nice for sure, not sure re: interior though.

Wanted to ask anyone here whom has turfed the OE rims for replacements - did you stick with 8.5 front and 8 back staggered? I am keen to go new rims (all black) and jump to the PS4S 245 square. Anyone got a brand/recommendation for rims or tips and things to be aware of? Thanks very much!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaMoNsTeR View Post
    Hey all, been a while, hope the lockdowns aren't driving everyone insane.

@Domino can't wait to see the RS6 in Purple :) the 2022 RS3 looks nice for sure, not sure re: interior though.

Wanted to ask anyone here whom has turfed the OE rims for replacements - did you stick with 8.5 front and 8 back staggered? I am keen to go new rims (all black) and jump to the PS4S 245 square. Anyone got a brand/recommendation for rims or tips and things to be aware of? Thanks very much!!
    I went with 8.5” rims all round when I went the 245 square setup. No issues at all.

Just make sure you get hub rings for our 57.1 hubs. Many third party rims are 66.6” hubs so need a ring to make them fit nice and tight on the car’s hub.

I went cheap reps from WheelDealer as it’s cheaper to replace a wheel than repair it when curbing them. No issues with them at all, and I’ve really pushed them.
    2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Joecool For This Useful Post:

RaMoNsTeR (August 18th, 2021)

How is the tune and sound Ramonster!?

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    How is the tune and sound Ramonster!?
    Yep loving it. Start up / cold its pretty wastegatey and average sounding but I'm over that. There's a bit of a ticky sound from bonnet on acceleration (wastegate?) until its warm and in dynamic sports. Once its warm and in dynamic sports though - pure dream! Everyone comments when they hear it, loud with awesome burble and shotgun effects, but not stupidly so. It's pretty much GOD MODE in dynamic sport once you're up to temp, I generally deny myself sports mode until 70c to look after things.

If I could change anything about the tune I'd prefer to have a little bit more zip on drive/comfort modes, its super economical (better than stock) but barely hits 2k RPM before upshift and hits gear 7 at pretty moderate speed, feels like no go at all, but that's much like stock anyway.

This car is a completely different beast from stock to stage 2 with OPF removed, if anyone is having doubts on whether to make the jump, just do it... its like a new car.

It's clear though, if you want to show someone how good it sounds you won't be turning it on from cold.
    Last edited by RaMoNsTeR; August 19th, 2021 at 07:12 PM.

Great to hear, once we are out of the umptenth lockdown we need a group drive!