Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1047

Thread: 2020 RS3 owner's thread

  1. #601
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SE Melbourne
    Posts
    647
    Thanked: 62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Interleave View Post
    So does anyone know of a solution that has a smaller front license plate holder? The front looks ordinary with slim line plates and the big plate behind it

    Attachment 31485

    Thanks for the sample front Ramonstrer
    I think I read on Audizine that it's a lift up and away from the grille kinda movement that removes the plate holder.

    I just stick the plate directly onto the grill and the boot lid using these: https://www.bunnings.com.au/scotch-2...-pack_p3950367

    Never had a problem with plates being stolen or coming loose over the past 10 years and 3 cars.
    2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,747
    Thanked: 438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Interleave View Post
    So does anyone know of a solution that has a smaller front license plate holder? The front looks ordinary with slim line plates and the big plate behind it

    Attachment 31485

    Thanks for the sample front Ramonstrer
    Yes - the factory backing plate can be removed and instead replaced with a one of the backing plates you get with plate covers (often used to mount the rear numberplate).

    You'll be able to use the existing holes but will likely need longer screws for them to grab.

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SE Melbourne
    Posts
    173
    Thanked: 16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Yes - the factory backing plate can be removed and instead replaced with a one of the backing plates you get with plate covers (often used to mount the rear numberplate).

    You'll be able to use the existing holes but will likely need longer screws for them to grab.
    so something like this can replace it.
    https://www.carshine.com.au/plastic-...universal.html

    Thanks for the tip wouldn't have even thought about this option

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,747
    Thanked: 438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Interleave View Post
    so something like this can replace it.
    https://www.carshine.com.au/plastic-...universal.html

    Thanks for the tip wouldn't have even thought about this option
    Exactly.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

    Interleave (May 27th, 2020)

  6. Default

    Lakin has re-opened

    Got my plate brackets last week
    • 2015 RS3 Sportback Nardo (SOLD)
    • 2020 RS3 Sportback Merlin (REDUX)

  7. #606
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SE Melbourne
    Posts
    173
    Thanked: 16

    Default

    Lakin?

  8. Default

    • 2015 RS3 Sportback Nardo (SOLD)
    • 2020 RS3 Sportback Merlin (REDUX)

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to domino_z For This Useful Post:

    Interleave (May 27th, 2020)

  10. #608
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SE Melbourne
    Posts
    647
    Thanked: 62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
    Since when??? I checked his website late last night and it's still showing as closed
    2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

  11. #609
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SE Melbourne
    Posts
    173
    Thanked: 16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
    Thanks for that sent him an email - certainly looks far better than the factory setup!

  12. #610
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Posts
    702
    Thanked: 106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
    I think I read on Audizine that it's a lift up and away from the grille kinda movement that removes the plate holder.

    I just stick the plate directly onto the grill and the boot lid using these: https://www.bunnings.com.au/scotch-2...-pack_p3950367

    Never had a problem with plates being stolen or coming loose over the past 10 years and 3 cars.
    Actually, get the dealer to do it for you, i got mine to do it and it was a breeze for them..
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •