Page 73 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 RS3 owner's thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
    I've got the RS3 with RACV
    Yep I got a quote from them and still think its high but maybe I am delusional as to what it needs to be. If I make the excess $1000 its $2068 for full comp. with any repairer.

I do find that on the high side.

Maybe a few more quotes will help?
    2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

i will call them to discuss vs online quoting.

Do you just put yourself as the driver?

I put my girlfriend on there as a driver, and my monthly went down by $17/month
    2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

I wasnt give the option to add a second driver. $1790 best price $1000 excess. Allianz even asked if I have ever had a performance car like this before :) I find that funny............

Quote Originally Posted by Interleave View Post
    I wasnt give the option to add a second driver. $1790 best price $1000 excess. Allianz even asked if I have ever had a performance car like this before :) I find that funny............
    When doing a quote on RACV, you can add another driver. See if that drops your rate even further. Yeah, I pay by the month, so I pay a little more. But not much more than what you were quoted by RACV.

Quote Originally Posted by Interleave View Post
    Yep I got a quote from them and still think its high but maybe I am delusional as to what it needs to be. If I make the excess $1000 its $2068 for full comp. with any repairer.

I do find that on the high side.

That would be considered a reasonable premium in Sydney, and not too bad for me. I have a good driving record and have owned a few premium cars, but my premium quotes are closer to $3k plus purely because many Insurers rate down to street level ,not just zone or suburb.

If you are in a suburb + street with significant risk, + the type of car, that can lead to a hefty premium.

I am in that category. I happen to live in an area of Sydney with significant crime and organised crime elements.

Many insurers are owned by the same group, so it's relatively pointless shopping around within that group, as they tend to use the same rating engine between brands. These mum and dad insurers also dont really ask enough questions around your risk. They don't take into account additional security you may have on garages for example (I have an industrial lockable bollard in from of mine) - whereas a broker might be able to shop that risk around better.

One thing that surprises me is that Audi have an Insurance they on-sell (underwritten by Allianz)...but it's basically then an individual quote as if you approached Allianz personal insurances yourself. Often with these types of Insurance it's written as a 'scheme', where you get significant group discount, like a broked fleet motor cover (which an often average out at about $800 annual premium per unit).

So the Audi insurance can be rather pointless unless you live in a preferred area with good rating.

The other things you need to look out for is the Preferred Repairer option, it's a must for a decent Euro car. fewer insureres are offering it these days as they get their own partnerships with these drive in quick assessment and repair places.

Also, fewer insurers are doing Agreed value policies. If you want it, look carefully at PDS. They may well offer new car replacement for a year or 2...but if you get a CE , it's written off and it technically doesn't exist as a variant, you will get just market value or settle for lesser variant...

Insurers are not crooks per se, but they're a business, answerable to shareholders and will want to reduce any costs they can of fulfillment ..
    2012 A4 Quattro S-Line, Glacier White - SOLD
    2016 A4 Quattro S-Line , Glacier White Technik Pack, Sunroof
    2020 RS3 Carbon Edition Sedan, Matrix LED, Nardo Grey , Audi Corporate- ON ORDER

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre_B For This Useful Post:

flam (June 3rd, 2020), Magician (June 4th, 2020)

I received my build week today and it's build week 28 - July 6-12th. Which is actually earlier than I expected so I'm super excited. Anyone know if that still makes its a MY20 or MY21 ?

Regarding insurance, the best quote I've received for the RSQ3 at an agreed value of 100k was from Suncorp for $1944 which was considerably lower than anyone else.
    2010 Subaru Wrx STI Hatchback - (SOLD)
    2016 8V S3 Sportsback - Mythos Black - 19" S
    Performance Pack 2 wheels - Panoramic Roof - Black Optics (SOLD)
    2018 GLA45 AMG - Black - Aero pack - AMG drivers pack & AMG performance pack (SOLD)
    2020 RSQ3 Sportsback - (Ordered)

Quote Originally Posted by Andre_B View Post
    That would be considered a reasonable premium in Sydney, and not too bad for me. I have a good driving record and have owned a few premium cars, but my premium quotes are closer to $3k plus purely because many Insurers rate down to street level ,not just zone or suburb.

If you are in a suburb + street with significant risk, + the type of car, that can lead to a hefty premium.

I am in that category. I happen to live in an area of Sydney with significant crime and organised crime elements.

Many insurers are owned by the same group, so it's relatively pointless shopping around within that group, as they tend to use the same rating engine between brands. These mum and dad insurers also dont really ask enough questions around your risk. They don't take into account additional security you may have on garages for example (I have an industrial lockable bollard in from of mine) - whereas a broker might be able to shop that risk around better.

One thing that surprises me is that Audi have an Insurance they on-sell (underwritten by Allianz)...but it's basically then an individual quote as if you approached Allianz personal insurances yourself. Often with these types of Insurance it's written as a 'scheme', where you get significant group discount, like a broked fleet motor cover (which an often average out at about $800 annual premium per unit).

So the Audi insurance can be rather pointless unless you live in a preferred area with good rating.

The other things you need to look out for is the Preferred Repairer option, it's a must for a decent Euro car. fewer insureres are offering it these days as they get their own partnerships with these drive in quick assessment and repair places.

Also, fewer insurers are doing Agreed value policies. If you want it, look carefully at PDS. They may well offer new car replacement for a year or 2...but if you get a CE , it's written off and it technically doesn't exist as a variant, you will get just market value or settle for lesser variant...

Insurers are not crooks per se, but they're a business, answerable to shareholders and will want to reduce any costs they can of fulfillment ..
    Yep totally understand how insurers work (have done a fair amount of work with them at a professional level) but to my surprise I was getting quotes more expensive than my 991.2 GTS which is insane. At the end of the day lets not kid ourselves we are buying an A3 with a better engine. The cost of repairs etc are well known to the insurers and unless these cars are stupid expensive to repair then fair enough. I have 6 cars insured either under my or my wife's name, for the RS3 to come in at the top end was crazy.

I have seen insurance quotes go down 10-20% based on garaged address which is understandable but at the end of the day I would like to know how many insurance pay outs are based on GTA (apologies for the amerianism). The car is most at risk on the road not when stationary. Every time I get a policy I will ring up to query the renewal and every time it comes down a fair chunk. Most recently one car policy had a 20% increase and post calling them the increase was 4.5%. Even on our house insurance we saw a 25% jump and again ring up and the increase turns out to be a more reasonable 4%. You say Insurers aren't crooks? They basically hope that noone queries it.

I just believe that the online is great for a cookie cutting exercise but you need to speak to someone if they are to get a better understanding of circumstances etc. I would be happy with a policy around the mid to low 1k mark but it might not be possible. I just wanted to gauge where people are sitting with policy quotes before I called them.

I haven't called RACV before, but i was told they wouldn't budge on the premium.. not even price match from another insurer. Perhaps I'll call the next round on renewal..
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting